Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Why Am I Me? by Paige Britt

Why Am I Me? (2017)

by Paige Britt

This was a hard one to rate - the artwork is amazing, but the words are meh. ( )
  liz.mabry | May 13, 2019 |
I really liked this book as it presented this huge question in an easy to understand way for kids through the illustrations and word choice. The illustrations in the book show a wide range of characters who vary in age, gender, race, and ethnicity. This diverse representation allows for students of various backgrounds to see themselves in the text. The word choice also presents the question "why am I me and not you?" in a kid-friendly way through the repeated questions focusing on the main message, "If I were someone else, who would I be?" The main message of the story is to embrace every person's individuality and their differences. ( )
  brookep8698 | Feb 21, 2019 |
This is a wonderful book about diversity and will get children thinking who they are, their friends, their families - differences and how everyone is special and unique! Ages:4-6 ( )
  FSTENBAKKEN | May 30, 2018 |
A question everybody has done. when we look around and not know why we were create the way we are. Special and for a purpose.
Ages 4-6
tacoma library
  filosa | May 30, 2018 |
This book truly embraces culture and diversity! I liked this book because you get to see different people from different backgrounds. A lot of times, we all may ask ourselves, "why am I like this?" and this book truly grasps that concept and thinking. This is perfect to read to children and reflect, read with children and have a discussion, and for children to learn to read on their own. The sentences and words are not too difficult for children to read by themselves and it has a great message. I really like how they included different children in the illustration from different backgrounds. It teaches readers that there is much more out in the world than what is in our communities. We can learn to embrace culture or ethnicity, languages, socioeconomic backgrounds, and even people with special needs. ( )
  JEscob | Mar 15, 2018 |

In a poetic, philosophical exchange, two children of different races ask themselves why they are who and what they are, and speculate on how they could be different.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,455,938 books! | Top bar: Always visible