The Walls by Hollie Overton

The Walls

by Hollie Overton

These last few days have been great for me. I read five excellent books in a row. Yay!! And this was just one of them.

Single mom, Kristy Tucker, works as a PIO for the Texas prison system. She deals with the worst kind of human beings on a daily basis. Murderers, pedophiles, serial killers, rapists, she has seen and talked with all of them.

She also has been single all her life. Her 15 year old son, Ryan, has never known a father. His own or a substitute. When Ryan starts taking martial arts lessons from Lance, he really takes a liking to him. So does Kristy, unfortunately. When Lance's true nature comes out, Kristy has a problem. Lance is an abuser.

I almost put the book down during this phase, however, I am glad that I did not. My hatred for Lance was abominable. He was a horrible, horrible man and no one in Kristy's family knew, but her.

When she comes up with a way to get rid of him for good, the only way to get him out of her life, she finds much to her dread, I found myself cheering and egging her on.

An edge of your seat thriller that I read all in one sitting.

Huge thanks to Hatchett Book Group Redbook and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review. ( )
  debkrenzer | Sep 26, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,534,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible