Peer Gynt by Henrik Ibsen

Peer Gynt (1867)

by Henrik Ibsen

Series: The Collected Works of Henrik Ibsen (4)

English (11)  Norwegian (1)  Swedish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (14)
Più delle mie povere parole può la musica di Edvard Grieg.
Vari colori, toni ed emozioni che Ibsen sa suscitare e che Grieg ha saputo esprimere.

1) La fresca meraviglia per l'esistente e per il possibile

2) La vitalità del folklore scandinavo

3) L'amore filiale (Peer culla la madre verso la morte raccontandole una delle sue fantasticherie... in questo punto mi è sceso il lacrimone :'-( )

4) L'amore sensuale, l'irretimento

5) L'amore romantico, fedele

Scusate se è poco, in effetti in Peer Gynt c'è molto di più. ( )
  downisthenewup | Aug 17, 2017 |
I don't know what to make of this play. It seems considerably different from the other Ibsen plays I have read, almost a fantasy mixed with a morality play... I liked the rhyming aspect and there were some funny parts but overall, I was just confused and it went on too long. ( )
  leslie.98 | Aug 6, 2017 |
I love the music. And the book gives the story to go with it. It's not nearly as dark as the later work by Ibsen. ( )
  CarolJMO | Dec 12, 2016 |
One of the most unique plays of Ibsen. I read it shortly before seeing it performed on stage. ( )
  M_Clark | Apr 26, 2016 |
This is a reproduction of a book published before 1923. This book may have occasional imperfections such as missing or blurred pages, poor pictures, errant marks, etc. that were either part of the original artifact, or were introduced by the scanning process. We believe this work is culturally important, and despite the imperfections, have elected to bring it back into print as part of our continuing commitment to the preservation of printed works worldwide. We appreciate your understanding of the imperfections in the preservation process, and hope you enjoy this valuable book.
  Roger_Scoppie | Apr 3, 2013 |

Ibsen, HenrikAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adama van Scheltema, C.S.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Manninen, O.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Morgenstern, Christ.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Passarge, LudwigTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

Has as a student's study guide

This high-spirited poetical fantasy, based on Norwegian folklore, is the story of an irresponsible, lovable hero. After its publication, Ibsen abandoned the verse form for more realistic prose plays.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:24 -0400)

Among the masterpieces of world literature, this great verse drama by Norway's famed playwright humorously yet profoundly explores the virtues, vices, and follies common to all humanity as it follows the roguish life of a charming but arrogant young man. A literary delight since it was first published in 1875.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,551,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible