The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires,…

The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by Rachel Caine

Member:MyBookishWays
Title:The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires, Book 2)
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:NAL Jam (2007), Edition: 1st Printing, Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Rating:*****

The Dead Girl's Dance by Rachel Caine

English (69)  Piratical (1)  All languages (70)
it is the best series I have have ever read ! ( )
  | Dec 14, 2014 | edit |
This girl is just insane. I remember how I was when I was a teenage but I don't think I had life threatening situations to contend with on a day to day basis. I feel bad that such a young but brilliant girl has to deal with these. The more and more I read about Morganville the more and more I wonder why in the hell everyone doesn't' just pack it up, get out, and stay out. Why would you want to stay in a Vampire feeding ground when there were so many other places to live. But...if the heroine left the town then we would have no story at all.

I really hated Shane in this book. I had originally though he was a much stronger character than to let his Dad push him around but, I don't know much about father/son dynamics so I could be totally wrong. On that note, I hate Shane's dad too. I mean, I can understand his need for revenge but at the expense of killing his son's friends and people he cares about. Not worth it man. On that note Rachel Caine sure knows how to throw a punch at the reader in this book. She is totally not afraid to torture her characters and it shows in this book. Poor Claire goes through so much in such a short period of time, it is horrifying. I also still hate Monica for the record.

I think the plot was pretty good. it lagged a bit in the middle but it soon picked right back up. I think that I will continue reading this series just to see if poor Claire gets the good karma she has been wracking up since book one. Whew. This book will keep you shocked and on edge, I can guarantee you that.

mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
I wanted to read this one because I really enjoyed the characters in the first one and just had to know what would happen with that ending.

This one gives more on the romantic front for the girls and it was nice to get some real clarity there because I was going back and forth, But I really enjoyed it and the romance went into some steamy territory that I really liked.

Claire continues to be a character I admire for her strength as a person, her determination for her education, as well as loyalty to the others in the house. She goes through great lengths in order for their safety and she ends up in some pretty dark places because of it.

We find out a lot more about the founders and their motivations. There are also mixed alliances and people that they thought they could trust that amounts in a lot of action as well as everyone to think a third time about what they are doing and who they are trusting, because in a town where vampires rule, they are already thinking twice of they wouldn't be alive.

This one has a lot of action as well, and it all builds to an ending that left me ready to read the next one right away. No second book syndrome here, it kept me glued by continuing character growth, new twists, the romance, and shocking choices that I've yet to fully grasp the implications of.

Bottom Line: Great second book, dials up the romance. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | Nov 12, 2014 |
The tension in this series is increasing with every chapter. Not only do the heroes have to deal with living in an armed encampment in which they are Happy Meals on the hoof, but they have to survive the fallout of multiple dysfunctional family reunions. ( )
  CorinasQuill | Aug 31, 2014 |
  CorinasQuill | Aug 31, 2014 |
For Ter, who helped lay the cornerstone of Morganville.
For Katy, who helped me through the plot jitters!
It didn't happen, Claire told herself.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES:

All rights reserved.

Without limiting the rights under copyright reserved above, no part of this publication book may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, or by any means (electronic mechanical, photocopying, recording, or ortherwise), without the prior written permission of both the copyright owner and the above publisher of this book.

PUBLISHER'S NOTE
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters,places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

The publisher does not have any control over and assumes no responsibility for author or third party Web sites or their content.

The scanning, uploading, and distribution of this book via the Internet or via any other means without the permission of the publisher is illegal and punishable by law. Please purchase only authorized electronic editions, and do not participate in or encourage electronic piracy of copyrighted materials. Your support of the author's rights is appreciated.

Claire has her share of challenges. Like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains; homicidal girls in her dorm, and finding out that her college town is overrun with the living dead. On the up side, she has a new boyfriend with a vampire-hunting dad. But when a local fraternity throws the Dead Girls' Dance, hell is really going to break loose.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451220897, Mass Market Paperback)

Watch a Windows Media trailer for this book.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:57 -0400)

When Claire Danvers and her equally outcast best friend Eve are invited to the annual Dead Girls' Dance at a fraternity, all hell breaks loose when the living group party with the dead group in a town rampant with bloodthirsty vampires.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,399,807 books! | Top bar: Always visible