Liar by K. L. Slater

by K. L. Slater (Author)

312,001,085 (5)None
Member:datrappert
Title:Liar
Authors:K. L. Slater (Author)
Info:Bookouture (2017), 303 pages

Liar by K. L. Slater

Recently added bymaggie1961, datrappert, MrsCaress

No tags.

Judi lives a pretty quiet and not very exciting life as she hits the trial of her menopausal years. She has a job at a doctors' office which takes her away for a time from the loveless marriage she's in. But her biggest joy is her son and grandchildren. After losing her first son David many years ago, all her energy has been thrown into the lives of her widowed son Ben and his two boys. Not having any attention at home, she thrives on every part of her life with them. Until Amber.

All of a sudden there's Amber; who has captured the heart of Ben and even Judi's husband seems to be under her spell. But the two women are at odds almost immediately. Amber seems intent on cutting Judi out of Ben's life and controlling Ben and his boys and there seems to be nothing Judi can do about it. Judi is sure there is more than meets the eye with Amber; something just isn't right and it seems the lies are piling up. If only Ben would see it; but try as she might, Ben and Amber's relationship is moving quickly. What does Amber want? What's her purpose in being so mean and spiteful towards Judi?

This is the second book I have read of K L Slater and I enjoyed this one even more than Blink. The storytelling is so engrossing, I didn't want to put the book down, it had me hooked on. The writing is done so well, so detailed, I could feel the emotions and frustration of Judi. I wanted revenge on Amber at the injustice of how she was treating Judi. I felt helpless with how Ben was so clueless and how Henry sided with Ben and treated Judi like she was some hysterical woman he was so annoyed with.

As the reader I went through so many scenarios trying to figure it all out and this thriller had quite the twists! I did not see them all coming and enjoyed the way this book shocked and surprised me. I look forward to reading the other book K L Slater has written.

I received this book free from the publisher and net galley in exchange of an honest review. ( )
  maggie1961 | May 24, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,323,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible