Exchanging Van Goghs by Joe Beine

Exchanging Van Goghs (edition 2016)

by Joe Beine (Author)

Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2016), Edition: 1, 86 pages
Tags:Van Gogh, Joe Beine, novella, light

Exchanging Van Goghs by Joe Beine

Recently added byfairangels, VanGoghLibrary
Joe Beine (1) light (1) novella (1) USA (1) Van Gogh (1)

No reviews
Last year a lone sunflower started growing in the south garden. Maybe a seed blew in from a neighbor's yard. Maybe it was a touch of Vincent's spirit. I started noticing the flower would turn itself toward the sun in the morning, waking up. I thought that was magical. This year the sunflower did not return. So its magic was fleeting. I should probably plant some sunflower seeds, but I'm sure they would just flop over. Or the peonies would be jealous.

The story of a correspondence between a recluse and a young artist that touches on their shared fascination with painters, music, and the nature of light. They send each other postcards with reproductions of art by Van Gogh, Monet, Morisot, Manet, Rothko and others, as their lives slowly intertwine.

Joe Beine is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,518,288 books! | Top bar: Always visible