About That Kiss by Jill Shalvis

About That Kiss

by Jill Shalvis

Kylie hires Joe after a woodcarving her dead grandfather made was stolen. Memories of a stolen kiss heat things up between them. There's some very funny moments, while these two try to investigate who's blackmailing her for the carving, but there's also this niggling sense that I've read something similar to this before. Joe has been closed off for a very long time and they start their relationship with the understanding that i's just a physical thing, up until Kylie learns she deserves and wants more.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
About That Kiss is a charming and sweet romance that will leave you with a smile on your face and a book that will evoke hoots of laughter and smiles all around...perfect book to get you out of the winter blues

I haven't read Jill Shalvis in a while, I will admit that I didn't get a kick out of book one, so I have been nervous to get back into this series but I can say that I really enjoyed About That Kiss way more than I was expecting too. I really have to be in the mood to enjoy Jill Shalvis and I think I was in the "right" mood for this book. And I am so happy that I really enjoyed this as much as I did. It was a bit different than what I was expecting, but I was pretty happy with out it played out in the end.

Both Joe and Kylie have a love/hate relationship going on. They have a great kiss which is why the title is so aptly named "about that kiss" because honestly they keep going back to that moment. Joe has a few alpha male tendacies, he has never taken it seriously with a woman before so of course he is way out of his element with Kylie. Now Kylie has had her sights set on her boss, but the way that Joe kisses her changes everything even though she knows that Joe doesn't do relationships or long term....EVER!! And boy she feels like she is walking down a path that is so unknown.

What really made this book WOW the reader, is the chemistry that these two have. I do have to say that I LOVED their interchanges and boy these kissing changes are powerful I can tell you that much. Definitely blew me away and yeah I liked Joe's character because his whole take control and kiss the gal against the wall or inside a closet...totally did it for me. And I really got a kick out of seeing them solve a mystery together and develop some true heartfelt feelings for each other along the way. There was an almost "poignant" feel to their relationship and I just adored the way this story developed especially the romance of the story was so "on key" and I have to say Bravo to Jill Shalvis for making this book so special for me. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 26, 2019 |
What makes reading fun is watching an author explore new directions. About That Kiss is Jill Shalvis veering into new territory, but reminding readers, she has the talent to back it up. While keeping with tradition and seducing our socks off, Joe and Kylie add some mystery to the lovable canvas of Heartbreaker Bay. What began with a kiss grew in a most intriguing way. From a scene stealing dog, to a curmudgeonly father, a flighty mother and a missing penguin, Ms. Shalvis keeps the charm while adding a hint of suspense. What I enjoy most about the crew from Heartbreaker Bay is that they show how love can build a family. Blood may not bind them but heart does. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
So excuse me why I fangirl all over the latest Heartbreaker Bay book, by the amazing Jill Shalvis, called About That Kiss. I mean seriously! I only "discovered" Jill Shalvis at the beginning on this series (because clearly I lived in a bubble), and now I cannot get enough of her books, but back to this book...

About That Kiss is we get to know more about the luscious Joe Malone *swoon*, retired Special-Op's and now working as one of Archer's crew, and if that want enough, he is the brother of Molly, and his father is a crazy VET, who refuses to wear pants, and likes to point a shotgun at the door, no matter if you're friend or foe!

And just who is paired up with the beautiful, but emotionally frozen Joe? Well it can only be Kylie Masters, Master Carpenter, owner of half French bulldog, and half muppet, Vinnie, and the recipient of the most explosive kiss from Joe, only then to be ignored by him!

But when Kylie has one of the few special pieces from her grandfather's stolen and held for ransom, Joe is the only person she can think who would help her.

To say I love this series is an understatement, I mean seriously! What is not to love!! The chemistry between Joe and Kylie is explosive, the plot is a funny, crazy, romantic (ish), who done it, that at points, had me laughing so hard, I cried.

About That Kiss is definitely a must read for 2018! And with all that being said, I give About That Kiss 5 well deserved stars! ( )
  Cara_Ross | Dec 2, 2018 |
#50States50Romances #California ( )
  BillieBook | Nov 20, 2018 |

When sexy Joe Malone never calls after their explosive kiss, Kylie shoves him out of her mind. Until she needs a favor, and it's a doozy. Something precious to her has been stolen and there's only one person with unique finder-and-fixer skills that can help - Joe. It means swallowing her pride and somehow trying to avoid the temptation to throttle him - or seduce him.

the best thing to do . . .

No, Joe didn't call after the kiss. He's the fun time guy, not the forever guy. And Kylie, after all she's been through, deserves a good man who will stay. But everything about Kylie makes it damned hard to focus, and though his brain knows what he has to do, his heart isn't getting the memo.

... is enjoy the ride.

As Kylie and Joe go on the scavenger hunt of their lives, they discover surprising things about each other. Now, the best way for them to get over "that kiss" might just be to replace it with a hundred more.

"When sexy Joe Malone never calls after their explosive kiss, Kylie shoves him out of her mind. Until she needs a favor, and it's a doozy."--Back cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,346,927 books! | Top bar: Always visible