The Music Shop: A Novel by Rachel Joyce

The Music Shop: A Novel (edition 2018)

by Rachel Joyce (Author)

Member:brendajanefrank
Title:The Music Shop: A Novel
Authors:Rachel Joyce (Author)
Info:Random House (2018), Edition: First, 320 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:music, love, romance, mystery, audio book

The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce

To Read (504)

English (57)  Italian (1)  All languages (58)
A moderately fun read, but not nearly up to the quality of her first two books. ( )
  meredk | Dec 11, 2018 |
Enjoyable read.. Wonderful characters, nice love story, teeming with reference to most genres of music.

Story revolves around ordinary people. That is part of its charm. If you liked Our Souls at Night, or A Man called Ove , The Music Shop is a good choice for the reader ( )
  shanaa00 | Dec 4, 2018 |
This was a really enjoyable read. A sweet love story about music, loss & finding yourself again. It’s probably most enjoyable for people who are super into music, but you don’t have to be a music fanatic to enjoy the meaningful story at the heart of this book. Definitely recommended! Thanks to First to Read for the advance copy. ( )
  carlie892 | Oct 10, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Music Shop is a love story, but it is not your typical Chick-Lit. It is edgier and a lot slower pace. Once I get used to the writing style, the book is very enjoyable. I recommend this book to all fans of music.

I really like the way Joyce describes music, from pop to classical. I learned so much from it. It made me want to listen to Beethoven's moonlight sonata after the lesson. I felt like I was not enjoying its full content. Now I want to listen to all the songs that the book has mentioned.

3.5 out of 5 stars
Received a free eCopy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JoeYee | Aug 29, 2018 |
A quirky book for holiday reading that was ultimately a bit disappointing. I really loved how it talked about music and the small community feel of the street. And I loved Frank’s devotion to his record store. It was charming at times but the plot line just took too long to get going and I never quite felt that “happy sigh” feeling when a good romance happens. So for me it’s a 3.5 ⭐️ read. ( )
  RealLifeReading | Aug 19, 2018 |

"A love story and a journey through music, the exquisite and perfectly pitched new novel from the bestselling author of The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy"--

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Rachel Joyce's book The Music Shop is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,916,243 books! | Top bar: Always visible