Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds

Long Way Down

by Jason Reynolds

7196019,879 (4.46)32

English (60)  Dutch (1)  All languages (61)
Such a powerful book about gun violence in America, and so much more. It begs to be shared in classrooms and discussed by middle/high school students. A friend shared the final line was one of the best she’d read. I absolutely agree. ( )
  Oregonpoet | Jul 12, 2019 |
Told in short, fierce staccato narrative verse, Long Way Down is a fast and furious, dazzlingly brilliant look at teenage gun violence, as could only be told by Jason Reynolds.
  HeidiSki | Jul 12, 2019 |
The entire novel takes in the span of a one-minute elevator ride in which Will has to decide if he's going to avenge his brother's murder. He's just following the rules he was taught by his brother. Throughout the ride down, he encounters people from his past, also victims of gun violence, that help put events in perspective and make him question what he's about to do. Until the last person..."Are you coming?" ( )
  jmede555 | Jun 29, 2019 |
I feel like audiobooks aren't really for me - it's difficult to concentrate if I'm doing anything else, and they're way too long if I'm not doing anything else.

I don't think this book was really for me either, but it was still a good one. 4.5 stars I guess? ( )
  runtimeregan | Jun 12, 2019 |
RGG: Intense, powerful, beautiful. Reading Interest 13-YA.
  rgruberexcel | May 22, 2019 |
For all the young brothers and sisters in detention centers around the country, the ones I’ve seen, and the ones I haven’t. You are loved.
DON’T NOBODY
believe nothing
these days
which is why I haven’t
told nobody the story
I’m about to tell you.

As Will, fifteen, sets out to avenge his brother Shawn's fatal shooting, seven ghosts who knew Shawn board the elevator and reveal truths Will needs to know.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,348,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible