D•N•Angel•, Vol. 2 by Yukiru Sugisaki

D•N•Angel•, Vol. 2 (1998)

by Yukiru Sugisaki

When Daisuke and his class go on mountain climbing expedition a chance accident puts he and Riku into a situation that only Dark can get them out of. Then Dark makes a mysterious bet with Satoshi over a very valuable painting.

Generally I find this manga entertaining although maybe not quite as compelling as some. Both Daisuke and Dark seem to flip flop an awful lot in their like/love of Risa and Riku who have similar wavering feelings about them. Not so much of a love triangle as a love rectangle. I like the paranormal aspect of the theme and I think Satoshi is a pretty interesting character. I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles himself in future volumes.

Also, what I find sometimes annoying about some manga, is the abrupt change to a completely different story the last third of the book. Once in a while these extras are interesting, as in this particular case of "The Demon Returns" which is a story about a reincarnated hunter of the Oni and the Oni spirit that protected her great grandmother. But generally I don't really think it is fair to have the additions forced upon the reader when you think you're getting a full volume of whatever particular manga you've just bought (or in this case, taken out from the library). This is just my own preference I guess. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Mar 6, 2008 |
This is the time of year the whole world seems to be blanketed white.
Daisuke next time don't let yourself fall like that.

The annual midwinter hike is no walk in the park for the students of Azumano Middle School. Daisuke has been dreading the trek all year, but at least he gets to show off his rugged charms for his beloved Risa. But when Daisuke and Riku find themselves lost and alone on the frigid mountainside, it's Dark to the rescue. Can the Phantom Thief save the day without blowing Daisuke's cover?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,727,177 books! | Top bar: Always visible