The Millionaires by Brad Meltzer

The Millionaires (2002)

by Brad Meltzer

English (15)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (17)
This was not my favorite Brad Meltzer novel. Some of the reviews on the back cover described this novel as "a fast-paced thriller" or "fast-paced tale" or "wild financial thriller" or "action races at netspeed". I didn't find the fast pace or the thrills. I finished it but this isn't a book I could recommend. If others read this title as their introduction to author Brad Meltzer, I surely hope they will try another title. ( )
  Corduroy7 | Aug 6, 2014 |
One of the first "adult" books I ever read. At the time, I thought it was fantastic. Looking back on it...well at least I still remember it? ( )
  IAmChrysanthemum | Jun 8, 2013 |
Good read. Fast paced and well thought out. ( )
  LoreleiLouise | Jul 11, 2011 |
ALEX CROSS
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
I really hated this book, but only because financial thrillers bore the tits off me. ( )
  lovejoy_rat | Mar 9, 2011 |

Brad Meltzerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Salminen, RaimoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Twenty-three percent of people say they would steal if they couldn't get caught.

. . . but to live outside the law, you be honest. -Bob Dylan
For Cori, who every single day amazes me

For Dotty Rubin and Evelyn Meltzer, Nanny and Grandma, for teaching me my past, and in the process, showing me my future

And in memory of Ben Rubin and Sol Meltzer, Poppy and Grandpa, whose legacies still touch our entire family
I know where I'm going. And I know who I want to be. That's why I took this job in the first place . . . and why, four years later, I still put up with the clients. And their demands. And their wads of money. Most of the time, they just want to keep a low profile, which is actually the bank's specialty. Other times, they want a little . . . personal touch. My phone rings and I tee up the charm. "This is Oliver," I answer. "How can I help you?"

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446611921, Mass Market Paperback)

What would you steal if you couldn't get caught? That's the tag line of Brad Meltzer's new thriller, which pits an ambitious young money manager against a corporate villain, whose intricate financial shenanigans accidentally put a huge chunk of dough right in front of a man who desperately needs it. Of course Oliver Caruso's conscience troubles him, but that doesn't keep him from letting his somewhat looser and less ethical brother convince him this is too good an opportunity to pass up. Meltzer's in interesting territory here, but in order to buy his premise, you have to believe that it's OK to steal if you have a good enough reason. This makes his protagonist, who narrates the novel, hard to root for and less than sympathetic. Despite this hollow ring, the book is nicely plotted and should please the author's enthusiastic fan club. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:40 -0400)

Brothers Charlie and Oliver Greene, who are employed at the exclusive private bank of Greene & Greene, cannot resist the offer of taking $3,000,000 from an abandoned account, forcing them to run from the Secret Service.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,769,748 books! | Top bar: Always visible