No Going Home by T.A. Chase

No Going Home (original 2006; edition 2012)

by T.A. Chase

Member:silversurfer
Title:No Going Home
Authors:T.A. Chase
Info:Total-E-Bound Publishing (2012), Kindle Edition, 262 pages
Tags:Gay Western Genre

No Going Home by T. A. Chase (2006)

abuse (3) contemporary (5) cowboy (6) cowboys (8) drama (2) ebook (9) erotic romance (2) erotica (4) fiction (4) fictionwise (2) gay (4) gay romance (1) glbt (2) in print (1) liquid silver books (3) m/m (13) m/m romance (3) men (1) MM (2) own (2) read (2) Reversi (2) rodeo (2) romance (10) TA Chase (2) to-read (2) virginity (1) Virgins (1) western (4) Wyoming (1)

To instant love for me. Would have preferred a slower build up to the relationship. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
Six years ago, a hoof to the head ended Leslie Hardin’s showjumping career and his relationship with the man he loved. Broken, hurt and rejected, Les has focused his energies on rebuilding his life.

Les’ accident has shown him that the most valuable treasures are usually found under an imperfect surface, and his reputation for taking in strays starts to grow. But it’s one of these strays in particular, injured rodeo cowboy Randy Hersch, who captures more than just his compassion.

Between his disapproving father and his chosen career path, Randy has always felt the need to deny his passion. When Les takes him under his wing, Randy begins to realise that he is truly strong enough to admit his true self—to himself and to the rest of the world. But in the arms of a broken man, can he find acceptance...and love?
This is Book one in the upcoming "Home Series."
This was a very sweet story, filled with angst and heartbrake, but just as uplifting.
I am looking forward to the next book. ( )
  silversurfer | Feb 28, 2013 |
I really enjoyed this book. A damaged (both physically and emotionally) guy is a great hero. It was well written.
  palominopup | Apr 30, 2010 |
The first couple of chapters were tough going, T.A. Chase's sentences and dialog were short, rough and not descriptive enough for me. However, after chapter four the book began to flow more evenly and in the end, I enjoyed this book about two broken cowboys falling in love.

The main drawback that I found slightly unrealistic - even for a romance novel - was how quickly Les and Randy got together. They have one meeting and on the second Randy moves in with Les. I found that highly unlikely and threw me out of my enjoyment of the story for awhile. But the storyline for this genre was well-written and the character development was better than other books I've read in the m/m arena.

One of my favorite characters was Tony, Randy's bull riding friend. I hope T.A. Chase gives him his own novel. This secondary character was a delight!

All in all, I'd give this book 3.5 stars out of 5. ( )
  MsLasha | Oct 19, 2009 |
"Damn horse," Randy Hersch muttered as he shifted, trying to find a comfortable spot in the seat of his truck.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,690,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible