The 5th Horseman by James Patterson

The 5th Horseman (edition 2010)

by James Patterson

Member:lilhunyzbear
Title:The 5th Horseman
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Ingram (2010), Paperback

The 5th Horseman by James Patterson

Recently added bygeronimo819, KPretzer, arena90, private library, Jaymer84, careshare, rena70, PhxDan

English (60)  Catalan (1)  French (1)  All languages (62)
While this book wasn’t as good as the others in my opinion, it was still very good. The plot had the ability to be extremely intense and emotional pull on some people, but it just didn’t quite get there. I worked in a nursing home, so I took something away from the book that others may not. The story was about a set of murders that were happening in a hospital in San Francisco. All of the patients went in with something that probably shouldn’t kill them, so why did they end up dying? It had everything to be a great mystery and I guess it was a great novel, it just didn’t pull me in the way that all of the others in this series did.
I feel like the more the series goes on, the less they are a “Women’s Murder Club” and the more they are just a group of friends that talk about whatever is going on. I suppose that’s what they’ve been doing from the start, but the other three don’t really help Lindsay solve the crimes like they did in the first book. Other than that, this was a great novel and I can’t wait to start the 6th one. I hope it’s a little better than this book.
  beearedee | Mar 18, 2014 |
It is a wild race against time as Lieutenant Lindsay Boxer and the newest member of the Women's Murder Club, attorney Yuki Castellano, lead an investigation into a string of mysterious patient deaths--and reveal a hospital administration determined to shield its reputation at all costs. And while the hospital wages an explosive court battle that grips the entire nation, the Women's Murder Club hunts for a merciless killer among its esteemed medical staff. The newest addition to the top selling new mystery series takes the Women's Murder Club to the most terrifying heights of suspense they have yet to encounter. THE 5TH HORSEMAN proves once again that James Patterson is "the page-turningest author in the game right now " (San Francisco Chronicle).

### Review

"'Ticks like a time bomb - full of threat and terror' Los Angeles Times; 'Brilliantly terrifying...so exciting I had to stay up all night to finish it' Daily Mail"

### About the Author

Maxine Paetro is a novelist and a journalist. She lives with her husband in New York. ( )
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
There were two main threads to this story. In one, women are being found, murdered, in expensive cars, with nothing to go on for evidence. Whoever has been killing these women has been extremely careful. In the other one, a hospital is being sued for malpractice because a number of people have died due to errors. But there's more to this story than meets the eye. Unfortunately, the newest member of the Women's Murder Club, attorney Yuki, has just admitted her mother into that hospital.

I really liked this one. I was interested in both storylines. I hadn't really thought about it while I was reading, but I think I liked the WMC a little better with a former member, rather than the new member Yuki, as I'm thinking I liked the dynamic a bit better, but it's been a while since I read the others, so it might just be my memory. Either way, both storylines kept me wanting to read more. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jul 21, 2013 |
Read on March 31, 2013

Listened for Fun (Audible)
Overall Rating: 3.50
Story Rating: 3.00
Character Rating: 4.00

Audio Rating: 3.50 (Not part of the overall Rating)

SPEED DATING

First Thought When Finished: Seriously, this series has a bad case of the "to many cases" ADD!

First Date: I love the gals of the Women Murders Club so it was great to see them again. I like that they are drawing the lawyer closer and really embracing their roles. I love their dinners!

Second Date: How many cases do you need in a book? This has got to be one of the most annoying things about this series. There is just too much going on and something always has to give.

Third Date: Another quick wrap up *Sigh* I am hoping the next book just focuses on one case instead of two. I don't think it will but a girl can hope.

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated By Carolyn McCormack/Running Time 8 hrs and 5 mins

Carolyn did a fine job but the music additions kill me every time. This is the last one I have on audio so I will probably be switching to print after this one.

Final Thoughts: I love the characters but the series is not wowing me like it did in the beginning. ( )
  thehistorychic | Apr 11, 2013 |
Once again we are transported into the life of Lindsay Boxer. This time around she is torn between the job she has and the one she really wants to do. Unlike most cops who welcome promotions, the Lieutenant misses being on the street bringing the bad guys to justice. There are two cases that Lindsay and her team have to solve in this book. The in first case dead girls are being left in expensive sports cars. Meanwhile, at a local hospital people are unexpectedly dying.
I have to say that I have a real love hate relationship with this book. The car girl murders were great and the twist at the end was well worth the read. The ICU deaths on the other hand were preposterous and unbelievable. Their only purpose being for future plot development. That said I did like this book an would recommend it to anyone who likes mysteries, and drama. ( )
  sallyawolf | Feb 25, 2013 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lorelei KingNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Paetro, MaxineAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McCormick, CarolynNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rain was drumming hard against the windows when the midnight-to-8:00 rounds began at San Francisco Municipal Hospital.

I've read a lot better. I didn't like that every 2 - 3 pages started a new chapter. Didn't really get into much detail in any of the chapters. Could have been a lot better. And the "girlfriend" thing? Come on. That went out a long time ago and didn't sound right in the 1st place. Maybe it's just me being a guy. :-(

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446618195, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:31 -0400)

When patients mysteriously take a turn for the worse at San Francisco Medical Center, Lieutenant Lindsay Boxer and the Women's Murder Club must face an unspeakable menace, possibly the most terrifying situation they have encountered.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,301,312 books! | Top bar: Always visible