No One Else like You by Siska Goeminne

No One Else like You (edition 2017)

by Siska Goeminne (Author), Merel Eyckerman (Illustrator)

Member:Rosenectur
Title:No One Else like You
Authors:Siska Goeminne (Author)
Other authors:Merel Eyckerman (Illustrator)
Info:Westminster John Knox Press (2017), 32 pages
Rating:**
Tags:Children's, ARC

No One Else like You by Siska Goeminne

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I shared this book with a class of 3rd graders and they really enjoyed it! The took the message to heart that with all the people in the world, there is NOONE just like you - you are SPECIAL. They thought the illustrations were unique and they especially liked the part about being okay with everyone believing in something different but everyone sharing the common belief that we all like to hear "I LOVE YOU." What a great book to share with a diverse mix of kids! ( )
  deenawiggins | Oct 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book speaks of the many ways we are all unique, in our own special way. I read this to my 5 year old and tell her all about how people are different all over the world, but not a single one of them is like her. She is special. And this book looks at different aspects of people: what they like, what they believe, where they live, what they look like, etc. The book emphasizes that even though we are all different, we all love being loved and we, each person, is unique.
  BmeredithE | Oct 4, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Early Reviewer Book. I enjoyed this book that helps children to realize that no one is like them and that being different is okay. The illustrations a neatly done and I hope that the final version has a stiffer backing than the one I received because it will not hold up for long. ( )
  perennialreader | Sep 27, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I originally selected this book because it was advertised for ages 4-8 and I have a 4.5 year old daughter. This is not a book for anyone under the age 6. The subject matter is great, it's a really sweet concept. But there are too many words on each page and the illustrations, while beautiful, are not captivating for the young reader. There were many times in the reading of this story that her attention wavered and I had to bring her back in. Many of the tactics I employ to engage her attention, such as following the words with my finger or asking her what is happening in the picture, were confounded by the layout and the story of this book. The typeface is tiny for such a large page and cramped into the middle. Nothing really happens in the pictures because nothing really happens in the story. It's a nice idea and I like a book that talks about emotions and the uniqueness of each person, but the concept never really pans out. ( )
  emanriquez | Sep 27, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The short rhyming words makes an adult think about what they're reading, but it just sounds FUN to the little people you're reading to! The whimsical artwork throughout the book are a joy to share with young children. It is easy to point out people doing all sorts of things in all sorts of places. I can see this book becoming a favorite with our grandson. ( )
  mrsboone7 | Sep 26, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Siska Goeminne's book No One Else Like You is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,524,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible