A Bone to Pick (An Aurora Teagarden Mystery)…

A Bone to Pick (An Aurora Teagarden Mystery) (edition 2011)

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Aurora Teagarden (2)

Aurora's fortunes change after a deceased acquaintance names her as heir to a rather substantial estate, complete with a skull hidden in the house. Roe concludes that the elderly woman has purposely left her a murder to solve.
Member:jetblack615
Title:A Bone to Pick (An Aurora Teagarden Mystery)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Berkley Hardcover (2011), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 272 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:50 Book Challenge 2012

A Bone to Pick by Charlaine Harris

3.5 stars

Aurora Teagarden is a librarian and used to attend meetings of the Real Murders club in her town. They disbanded, but she knew (somewhat) the elderly Jane from the club. When Jane dies, Aurora is surprised to learn that Jane has left everything to her (except her cat and a bit of money). Aurora suddenly owns a small house, and has plenty of money. But, she finds an odd item in Jane’s house and isn’t quite sure what to do with or about it...

I quite enjoyed this! I really liked the guy Aurora started dating and I loved that she now has her own house. It’s a short/quick read. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jul 19, 2020 |
I enjoyed this novel more than the first one in the series. Even though a good year, to almost two years had passed since the first novel happened, the author just glossed over the start of a relationship with the Officer Arthur, and then the end of it all, and barely mentions the red-headed, giant-sized author Robin as well. I hated that. But then we find that a good character of the first novel dies, and leaves Roe with so much.... and a heap of trouble, well.. you kinda forgive all this, in order to find out what she will do net. OMG, wait until you find out who's moving across the street!! ugh, what a mess.. but Roe finds her way through it all, and with some aplomb and tact intact. ( )
  stephanie_M | Apr 30, 2020 |
I really *really* did not like this one for all spoiler-y reasons.

1. I hated the weird leap in life with Arthur and Lynn.. and there was never any real explanation as to why that was necessary. It was abrupt.

2. I didn't like that Roe didn't actually *solve* anything. The answer was simply revealed to her when the body-bury'er simply shows up at her house and he and Mrs murderer simply tell her that they dunnit and why.

3. And *then* she makes sure to evade trouble w the cops by lying about why he showed up in the first place. And for that favor, he winks at her?!

4. And don't even get me *started* on the sudden conclusion that Marsha/Marcia (sorry about spelling -- I listened to this on audio) was crazy just bc she reacted w such violence when someone attacked and attempted to rape her?! I know, this was 90s, but still. Just no.

But the book up *until* the end was okay, so 2 stars overall. Won't be continuing though. ( )
  avanders | Nov 17, 2019 |
I’m really enjoying this series. It’ll be a fun summer goal to read through the series! ( )
  gail616 | Jul 10, 2019 |
Pretty much nothing happened in this book that was plot worthy. It seems to have been created solely for character development for the rest of the series. I do like the main character ... So onward to the next in the series.
  Awill424 | Jun 9, 2019 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Desimini,LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Muller, AnneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Plummer, ThèréseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Patrick, Timothy, and Julia
In less than a year, I went to three weddings and one funeral.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,789,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible