An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power by Al…

An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power (edition 2017)

by Al Gore (Author)

"...a daring call to action that details how the future of human civilization is under threat--and offers concrete advice for making your voice heard in the fight to solve the climate crisis at a moment when the solutions we need are emerging around the world."--Page 4 of cover.
Member:gregvogl
Title:An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power
Authors:Al Gore (Author)
Info:Rodale Books (2017), 320 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:environment, future, politics

An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power by Al Gore

Well presented with photographs, data, charts, and short stories. Very engaging and accessible by all ages. ( )
  deldevries | Mar 24, 2018 |
In Gore's earlier "Inconvenient Truth", he laid out the evidence of climate change, the models of where the trend would go, and the historical relationship between CO2 and temperature. In this book, "An Inconvenient Sequel", he has added 13 more years worth of data which shows the climate forecasts at the time of the earlier book, was correct but that it looks like it was a little mild now based on the CO2 levels we are now at. So , now we expect a greater and faster climate change.

This book (and movie), has a different goal. Now that 99 percent of climate scientists back this model and forecast, Gore shows how the public can help to advance and reinforce the changes needed to avoid the worst of the forecast, by beginning the drop in emitted CO2 that is necessary.

For this reason, the last third of the book details how we as individuals can facilitate the changes needed so our kids and grandkids will not face the worst of the outcomes of the already begun climate change. ( )
1 vote billsearth | Aug 3, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,842,563 books! | Top bar: Always visible