Project Republic: Plans and Arguments for a New Australia

by Mark McKenna

1None6,254,043NoneNone
It's time for some straight talking about Australia's future as a republic. A republic is the key to our national renewal: we need a head of state who shares a genuine affinity with our country rather than an outdated historical link. We can love the Queen -- and be excited about the royal baby -- yet still decide to make it on our own. Australians today have a chance to decide what we want our country to be, and for a home -- grown head of state to lend an Australian dignity to the highest office in our land. Project Republic unites a diverse range of Australian voices to offer a fresh perspective on why Australia must become a republic -- and how we get there from here. Contributors include Larissa Behrendt, John Hirst, Thomas Keneally, Helen Irving, Julian Morrow and John Warhurst.… (more)
Recently added bysweff

No tags

No reviews

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,644,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible