The Harp in the South by Ruth Park

The Harp in the South (original 1948; edition 1948)

by Ruth Park

Member:Figgles
Title:The Harp in the South
Authors:Ruth Park
Info:Penguin (1975), Paperback, 251p
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Sydney, fiction, family

Harp in the South Novels by Ruth Park (1948)

First read these books when I was a teenager and Ruth Park had one a ;literary prize for "Harp in the South" which was them serialised in the SMH> After the books being adapted for the stage by Kate Mulavany and performed by the STC, I decided to revisit these wonderful stories. Could them every bit as enjoyable;e as they were in the 1950's ( )
  lesleynicol | Sep 17, 2018 |
The audio version was fantastic - so easy to listen to, the voice of the Aussie narrator was spot on. Compelling story, sheds light on a time and place and way of life, real and gritty, but with plenty of life and joy. The audio version did seem to be abridged though, so it did feel like some chunks of the family's life story was missing from the story I got, I just don't know how much was missing. May want to read the whole un-abridged version one day, but I am just so glad that I listened to this one. ( )
  Liciasings | Jun 3, 2013 |

"Three of Ruth Park's best loved books are brought together in this volume, tracing the saga of the Darcy family over thirty years."--Back cover.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,651,004 books! | Top bar: Always visible