The Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer

The Knowledge of the Holy (1961)

by A. W. Tozer

Probably one of the best books I have ever read. I wish I had taken a Christian Theology class in college with this as the textbook. While this is a short book and can be read in one sitting, it definitely has to be read very carefully, thoughtfully, leisurely, meditatively and slowly. I found myself reading certain passages and then picking up my Bible. I don't think you have to agree with every single thing that Tozer presents. I think he wants the reader to search the truth on their own. I can't wait to read more books and essays by Tozer. ( )
  LauraBethR | Mar 28, 2018 |
An Inspiring Classic on the Nature of God What is the nature of God? How can we recapture a real sense of God's majesty and truly live in the Spirit? This beloved book, a modern classic of Christian testimony and devotion, addresses these and other vital questions, showing us how we can rejuvenate our prayer life, meditate more reverently, understand God more deeply, and experience God's presence in our daily lives. Informative and inspiring, The Knowledge of the Holy illuminates God's attributes from wisdom, to grace, to mercy and shows through prayerful and insightful discussion, how we can more fully recognize and appreciate each of these divine aspects. This book will be treasured by anyone committed to the Christian faith. It bears eloquent witness to God's majesty and shows us new ways to experience and understand the wonder and the power of God's spirit in our daily lives.
  tony_sturges | Mar 16, 2018 |
tozer always challenges me. this was a book I had to read slowly to try to fully understand some of his concepts he was discussing. ( )
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
Tozer calls all who read this book to worship. Although one could call this book a theology book it truly is a worship book as well. We read this for a theology class and it deserves to be recognized as a true work of art. ( )
  JGadbaugh | Dec 21, 2015 |

An Inspiring Classic on the Nature of God

Informative and inspiring, The Knowledge of the Holy illuminates God's attributes'from wisdom, to grace, to mercy'and shows through prayerful and insightful discussion, how we can more fully recognize and appreciate each of these divine aspects. This book will be treasured by anyone committed to the Christian faith. It bears eloquent witness to God's majesty and shows us new ways to experience and understand the wonder and the power of God's spirit in our daily lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:58 -0400)

"What is the nature of God? How can we recapture a real sense of God's majesty and truly live in the Spirit? This beloved book, a modern classic of Christian testimony and devotion, addresses these and other vital questions, showing us how we can rejuvenate our prayer life, meditate more reverently, understand God more deeply, and experience God's presence in our daily lives"--Container.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,311,996 books! | Top bar: Always visible