The Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer

The Knowledge of the Holy (1961)

by A. W. Tozer

tozer always challenges me. this was a book I had to read slowly to try to fully understand some of his concepts he was discussing. ( )
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
Tozer calls all who read this book to worship. Although one could call this book a theology book it truly is a worship book as well. We read this for a theology class and it deserves to be recognized as a true work of art. ( )
  JGadbaugh | Dec 21, 2015 |
Re-read of this classic in October of 2009 reminds me of just how far I have to go and also how far I've come in my daily walk. This book is thin and super deep. ( )
  delenburg | Jan 3, 2015 |
A classic example of how theology can inform, influence and guide religious emotions, rather than the reverse. What theology should be, and isn't, most of the time.
  KirkLowery | Mar 4, 2014 |

An Inspiring Classic on the Nature of God

What is the nature of God? How can we recapture a real sense of God's majesty and truly live in the Spirit? This beloved book, a modern classic of Christian testimony and devotion, addresses these and other vital questions, showing us how we can rejuvenate our prayer life, meditate more reverently, understand God more deeply, and experience God's presence in our daily lives.

Informative and inspiring, The Knowledge of the Holy illuminates God's attributes'from wisdom, to grace, to mercy'and shows through prayerful and insightful discussion, how we can more fully recognize and appreciate each of these divine aspects. This book will be treasured by anyone committed to the Christian faith. It bears eloquent witness to God's majesty and shows us new ways to experience and understand the wonder and the power of God's spirit in our daily lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:58 -0400)

283 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,001,756 books! | Top bar: Always visible