Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Practical Organic Gardening: The No-Nonsense…

Practical Organic Gardening: The No-Nonsense Guide to Growing Naturally (edition 2017)

by Mark Highland (Author)

621,855,084 (4)1
Member:MaureenRoy
Title:Practical Organic Gardening: The No-Nonsense Guide to Growing Naturally
Authors:Mark Highland (Author)
Info:Cool Springs Press (2017), 240 pages

Practical Organic Gardening: The No-Nonsense Guide to Growing Naturally by Mark Highland

Practical Organic Gardening: The No-Nonsense Guide to Growing Naturally is correctly titled. This non-nonsense gardening manual is filled with wonderful photographs and pretty encyclopedic knowledge of gardening.

The millions of photos are so helpful, especially for newer gardeners / farmers who don't know what the heck stuff is supposed to look like (me). There are key tips and charts of everything from common plant diseases and plants that attract pollinators to seed longevity and crop rotation planning.

I would love to have a print copy of this book to keep on hand for all my gardening questions.

*eARC Netgalley*
  Critterbee | Apr 16, 2018 |
Goodreads Synopsis:
Practical Organic Gardening sprouts homegrown, healthy edibles and other safe plants that are nourishing and tasty for your family, pets, and beneficial wildlife.

Organic gardening has been a popular gardening method for most of the past century, but interest in organic gardening has soared in recent years as gardeners have become more aware of the quality of their food.

Now is your chance to learn with this comprehensive book. Written by Mark Highland, founder of The Organic Mechanic, this is far from a hippie manifesto; it is a scientifically driven, modern-day dive into the organic methods, products, and practices that will appeal to any home gardener looking to make the transition from conventional to organic.

My Review:
I received a copy of Practical Organic Gardening from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Now I hate saying this, but I really don't usually read books like this. I thought, hey I want to get into gardening, saw this in the catalog, and decided to give it a shot since it was pre-approved. Though this book is full of pictures, which I wasn't expecting, you really learn a lot reading it, not only about gardening but the background of it as well. It read like a textbook, but I knew what I was getting myself into. The book is really informative about climate change, and although only having one organic garden might not change the world, it does actually do wonders for the soil and the animals around the area. Definitely check it out if you want to be more informed on the world of organic gardening.

Here's a link to the book on Amazon and another link to the authors twitter.

Thanks for reading! Check out this review and more at my blog.
(Radioactivebookreviews.wordpress.com) ( )
  radioactivebookworm | Jan 18, 2018 |

A guide to organic gardening offers tips on soil selection, using natural remedies for pests and diseases, and repurposing vintage containers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,495,407 books! | Top bar: Always visible