Pupcakes: A Christmas Novel by Annie England…

Pupcakes: A Christmas Novel

by Annie England Noblin

This book was a pleasant surprise. If you are a fan of the late, great Maeve Binchy, you might want to give this book a try. Yes, it plays in the US and not in England, but the writing style was very nice and even though it has a very predictable end I still enjoyed reading it all the way to the last line. Having a cute, elderly Pug as a "main character" surely helped, too! ( )
  yukon92 | Jan 31, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love to read Christmas/holiday themed books during the month of December. The books are usually " lighter reads" with a positive and uplifting story line. Pupcakes was just that kind of story. Brydie is at a rough point in her life and a new living arrangement is just what she needs .Her new roommate is not a human being but a pug named Teddy Roosevelt. Brydie is able to live rent free on one condition, she must care for Teddy. Along with caring for him she is responsible for taking Teddy to visit Pauline, his master and owner of the home. This was a sweet, cozy story and I enjoyed it. ( )
  MsGemini | Dec 29, 2017 |
This was a charming book that was so much more than a Christmas story. Actually, Christmas is just a very small part of the story that you could read this anytime. The story has more to do with baking and dogs and the lives of some very fun characters. ( )
  BarbraH | Dec 19, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
ARC; Women's Fiction book. Does need a bit more editing. Some things linked in later, but when they occurred, I was startled. Divorced 30 something gal starts over in a new town, dog & house sitting for a woman who is now in a retirement home. Pupcakes refers to the bakery product that she finally concocts for humans and dogs. Like another reviewer noted, light on the plot in favor of the romance. ( )
  nancynova | Dec 16, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
3 stars...what a cozy comfort of a read! especially with a warm beverage, the wrapping of a down comforter, and my snuggle reading partner dog by my side. This was my first time reading with this author; it will not be my last. Favorite character(s): Pauline Newman, Teddy Roosevelt, and Rosa.
Thank you Early Reviewers for the opportunity to read and review this book. ( )
  theeccentriclady | Nov 28, 2017 |

Publisher Annotation: Sit! Stay! Speak! author Annie England Noblin?s novel takes one woman starting over, adds an aging pug named Teddy Roosevelt, and proves the power of a well-baked dog treat. (Original), 384pp.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Annie England Noblin's book Pupcakes is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,978,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible