Teachings of Swami Vivekananda by Swami…

Teachings of Swami Vivekananda

by Swami Vivekananda

27None567,041None1

No reviews
"The older I grow, the more everything seems to me to lie in manliness. This is my new gospel".
"The Background, the Reality, of everyone is that same Eternal, Ever Blessed, Ever Pure, and Ever Perfect One".
Chapter Topics: Atman or the Self, Bhakti or the Love of God, Brahman or the Supreme, Reality, Buddha, Buddhism, Christ, Christianity, Concentration, Duty, Education, Ethics, Faith, Food, Freedom and Mukti (Salvation), Gita, God,
1) "...Obey the scriptures until you are strong enough to do without them..."
2) "The Godhead, being a unity, is experienced as a sort of Void, in contrast to the multiplicity of objects which make up our ordinary sense consciousness. Within that Void, personal identity is lost - and loss of identity must necessarily seem, to those who are not prepared for it, like death."
3) "He doubted greatly because he was capable of believing greatly."
4) "On 15th August 1886, Ramakrishna uttered the name of Kali in a clear ringing voice and passed into the final Samadhi. At noon the next day, the doctor pronounced him dead."
5) "I am glad I was born, glad I suffered so, glad I did make big blunders, glad to enter peace. Whether this body will fall and release me or I enter into freedom in the body, the old man is gone, gone forever, never to come back again! Behind my work was ambition, behind my love was personality, behind my purity was fear. Now they are vanishing and I drift."

Excellent essays on all important aspects of life by one of India's great saints. This guy is a first-rate spiritual thinker. I know the truth when I hear (read) it.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,988,521 books! | Top bar: Always visible