Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2) by…

Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by Nalini Singh

Member:crazybatcow
Title:Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2)
Authors:Nalini Singh
Info:Berkley Sensation (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Audiobooks, To read
Tags:audiobook, paranormal romance, 12 in 12

Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh

Recently added byKirSio, goodreadstest_07, private library, sryder_test3, sryder_test2, sryder_test1, srbp
    Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and SHifter
    Dark Desire by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and SHifter

English (36)  Spanish (1)  All languages (37)
Faith NightStar lives in splendid isolation predicting things for her clan, her skills are valued, because they make money for the clan. They guard her carefully, she lives on the borders of Changeling territory and there's something out there acting as a lure for her. She's also worrying that her mind is going early, most F-Psy, predictors, go crazy before dying, particularly when she experiences a death in her dreams. She finds out that she's actually experienced her sister's death and that theres' someone stalking Psy. No-one wants to believe her, Silence should have quelled this urge in Psy, but something is lurking on the net.

Faith decides to explore outside her enclave and encounters Vaughn, a panther shapeshifter. They find that there's something between them, something that they can't ignore, something that will change her life.

It's not a bad read, I would probably have rated it better if I had read it before some of the better later works, but overall it kept me reading and I wanted to read more afterwards. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jul 29, 2015 |
4.5 stars ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
Really starting to love Singh's writing. This was a good sequel to [b:Slave to Sensation|178476|Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1)|Nalini Singh|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1229895074s/178476.jpg|172416]. However, I felt like large parts of this book ran a little too close to being like the first book. I also don't like how Singh makes the murder/serial killer aspects of these stories a secondary plot. There's all this build up to who is killing people and causing Faith to have these visions and when they finally do figure things out. The outcome is rather anti-climatic. However, I still rather adore the world Singh has built for her characters and can't wait to read the next story in the series. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
I am completely and utterly addicted to this series and this is only book two. I can't even articulate all the reasons why I love this book. This book is a comforting normal paranormal romance yet it is different enough to keep me reading and hooked on every single word. I love the unique-ness that is the Psy-Changeling world and how the author weaves them together eloquently.

I love the instant attraction and devotion the Changelings feel for their heroines yet the heroines must learn to love their heroes at a normal (for a romance book) pace. I love the heat and steam between Faith and Vaughn, it is crazy hot and super addicting, I found myself thinking of skipping pages just so they could be together again. The plot of this book isn't lacking either, there is intrigue, drama, and actual plot lines to follow and not just dreamy romance. I also enjoyed seeing the characters from the first book interwoven into this one as well.

I am sure there are so many more reasons I loved this book but I can't think of anymore now. You NEED to read this series if you love paranormal romance. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
This book was just okay. As much as I loved the really interesting, complex world building, that didn't make up for my serious dislike of the overbearing, possessive alpha male hero and the somewhat bland heroine. I have almost all the books in this series, so I'm going to give the next one a try but I'm thinking maybe PNR is just not for me. ( )
  Bugetta | Sep 29, 2014 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one's for my Mum, Usha, the most extraordinary woman I know. With love.
Clinical Insanity.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 042521575X, Mass Market Paperback)

Hailed as a major new talent in paranormal romance, Nalini Singh takes us deeper into the world of the Psy and the changelings in her latest extraordinary novel, where a gifted woman sees passion in her future-a passion that is absolutely forbidden by her kind... Used to cold silence, Faith NightStar is suddenly being tormented by dark visions of blood and murder. A bad sign for anyone, but worse for Faith, an F-Psy with the highly sought after ability to predict the future. Then the visions show her something even more dangerous-aching need...exquisite pleasure. But so powerful is her sight, so fragile the state of her mind, that the very emotions she yearns to embrace could be the end of her. Changeling Vaughn D'Angelo can take either man or jaguar form, but it is his animal side that is overwhelmingly drawn to Faith. The jaguar's instinct is to claim this woman it finds so utterly fascinating and the man has no argument. But while Vaughn craves sensation and hungers to pleasure Faith in every way, desire is a danger that could snap the last threads of her sanity. And there are Psy who need Faith's sight for their own purposes. They must keep her silenced-and keep her from Vaughn...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:38 -0400)

Psychic Faith NightStar, plagued by visions of forbidden pleasure, finds herself the prey of changeling Vaughn D'Angelo, part man, part jaguar, who is determined to claim her as his own, while her people, needing her gift for their own evil purposes, strive to keep them apart.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,073,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible