Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2) by…

Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by Nalini Singh

Member:crazybatcow
Title:Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2)
Authors:Nalini Singh
Info:Berkley Sensation (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Audiobooks, To read
Tags:audiobook, paranormal romance, 12 in 12

Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh

Recently added byNineLarks, Tinne.Joosen, cass_sanguine, Irena., ellew1, msralways, J.P.Smith, private library, sungshe7
    Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and SHifter
    Dark Desire by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and SHifter

English (30)  Spanish (1)  All languages (31)
After reading eleven books so far I must say that Faith isn't my favourite character. The main reason for that was [b:Mine to Possess|1830755|Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4)|Nalini Singh|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1298434132s/1830755.jpg|1830610]. It took her awhile to remember how she didn't have any problems being accepted by the Dark River (we don't trust you didn't last that long anyway), but was ready to judge someone who needed help more than she ever did. She redeems herself later though. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
I'll give it a 4,5 stars review, but only because I think Faith played the victim card a little too much in the beginning, but then she became this very interesting character that had her way of thinking and some spine. Vaughn was deliriously dangerous and delicious at the same time and Faith is a very, very lucky girl. I'm excited to read Judd's book. :) ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
I listened to this as an audiobook, narrated by Anglea Dawe, so my review is based on that version.

I am really enjoying the Psy-Changling series. I can’t help but think of the Psy as Vulcans (I know my trekkie side is showing) with their non-emotional links to everything. The case of Faith NightStar goes beyond even the regular psy treatment as she is kept isolated from other people so she can sit in a monitored chair all day and give physic predictions. During some of those sessions, Faith has a prediction of a killer. Since psy are supposed to be emotionless it doesn’t seem possible that there is a psy killer. So of course, she thinks she is going crazy and that any day now she will be taken away to the funny farm.

Not only is Faith emotionally isolated from others but physically isolated also. That is until the changeling Vaughn stumbles across her isolated (but very well guarded) compound.

Vaughn, who is kind of a loner himself, takes it as a personal challenge to break in and see what is going on. Just as he is about to break in, he sees Faith breaking out. He is drawn to touch Faith at every possible moment. For a women not used to being touched it takes all Faith’s willpower (or won’t power in this case) to keep away from Vaughn. His closeness overwhelms her senses and sends her into an emotional overload. He is convinced she will get used to it, she is convinced it will kill her.

Although I enjoyed this story overall, I think there were some HUGE leaps made in this story. For example, if I was as emotionally and physically sheltered as Faith was, I don’t think one of the first places I would reach out to touch a guy would be on his ‘manhood’. I think that would be one of the last places I would be able to handle. Think about the emotional turmoil that goes with doing something like that during a regular relationship. Just saying ….

The Narration Review
This audiobook was narrated by Angela Dawe. Once again, I felt like she was rushing through the book. Maybe she had a time slot she needed to get this book into, I don’t know. I always find myself checking to see if I accidently set my iPod on 1 ½ speed. LoL ( )
  AlaskanBookie | Sep 25, 2013 |
I am still not sure about this series. I just to not like the Psy. I like the Changlings. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
Finally, I'm starting to fill in the blanks and pick up some of the earlier books in this series. It was nice to read Faith's story - since she had been in a number of the books I've read but I did not know her background. She is quite a strong character. And it was refreshing too, to have some of the concepts explained to me and begin piecing together the plot. Really, reading these out of order is like doing a complicated jigsaw puzle. I'm enjoying the individual stories, but missing out on the wider plot. Good, not quite as filled with sex as the other ones, which was good because it left more room for actual plot. I love the concept of the psys and the changelings and how well imagined Singh's world is.

However, in contemplation a few things bothered me - the identity of the killer - he was never named, nor was his victim - she was never even seen. Did either have any importance or were they merely just a ploy (by Singh) to get Faith out of her protecive bubble. ( )
  LemurKat | Sep 12, 2013 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one's for my Mum, Usha, the most extraordinary woman I know. With love.
Clinical Insanity.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 042521575X, Mass Market Paperback)

Hailed as a major new talent in paranormal romance, Nalini Singh takes us deeper into the world of the Psy and the changelings in her latest extraordinary novel, where a gifted woman sees passion in her future-a passion that is absolutely forbidden by her kind... Used to cold silence, Faith NightStar is suddenly being tormented by dark visions of blood and murder. A bad sign for anyone, but worse for Faith, an F-Psy with the highly sought after ability to predict the future. Then the visions show her something even more dangerous-aching need...exquisite pleasure. But so powerful is her sight, so fragile the state of her mind, that the very emotions she yearns to embrace could be the end of her. Changeling Vaughn D'Angelo can take either man or jaguar form, but it is his animal side that is overwhelmingly drawn to Faith. The jaguar's instinct is to claim this woman it finds so utterly fascinating and the man has no argument. But while Vaughn craves sensation and hungers to pleasure Faith in every way, desire is a danger that could snap the last threads of her sanity. And there are Psy who need Faith's sight for their own purposes. They must keep her silenced-and keep her from Vaughn...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:29 -0400)

Psychic Faith NightStar, plagued by visions of forbidden pleasure, finds herself the prey of changeling Vaughn D'Angelo, part man, part jaguar, who is determined to claim her as his own, while her people, needing her gift for their own evil purposes, strive to keep them apart.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,670,327 books! | Top bar: Always visible