Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2) by…

Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by Nalini Singh

Member:crazybatcow
Title:Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2)
Authors:Nalini Singh
Info:Berkley Sensation (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Audiobooks, To read
Tags:audiobook, paranormal romance, 12 in 12

Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh

Recently added byprivate library, SusanBNM, mojo09226, nwaldron, neil1701, neil_lubin, booktart85
    Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and SHifter
    Dark Desire by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and SHifter

English (33)  Spanish (1)  All languages (34)
I am completely and utterly addicted to this series and this is only book two. I can't even articulate all the reasons why I love this book. This book is a comforting normal paranormal romance yet it is different enough to keep me reading and hooked on every single word. I love the unique-ness that is the Psy-Changeling world and how the author weaves them together eloquently.

I love the instant attraction and devotion the Changelings feel for their heroines yet the heroines must learn to love their heroes at a normal (for a romance book) pace. I love the heat and steam between Faith and Vaughn, it is crazy hot and super addicting, I found myself thinking of skipping pages just so they could be together again. The plot of this book isn't lacking either, there is intrigue, drama, and actual plot lines to follow and not just dreamy romance. I also enjoyed seeing the characters from the first book interwoven into this one as well.

I am sure there are so many more reasons I loved this book but I can't think of anymore now. You NEED to read this series if you love paranormal romance. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
This book was just okay. As much as I loved the really interesting, complex world building, that didn't make up for my serious dislike of the overbearing, possessive alpha male hero and the somewhat bland heroine. I have almost all the books in this series, so I'm going to give the next one a try but I'm thinking maybe PNR is just not for me. ( )
  Bugetta | Sep 29, 2014 |
This wasn't quite as good as the first book, the ending (the last 50 or more pages) dragged. The writing could have been more concise there but otherwise it was very good. I'll definitely be reading the next one when the new cover comes out next month. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
After reading eleven books so far I must say that Faith isn't my favourite character. The main reason for that was [b:Mine to Possess|1830755|Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4)|Nalini Singh|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1298434132s/1830755.jpg|1830610]. It took her awhile to remember how she didn't have any problems being accepted by the Dark River (we don't trust you didn't last that long anyway), but was ready to judge someone who needed help more than she ever did. She redeems herself later though. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
I'll give it a 4,5 stars review, but only because I think Faith played the victim card a little too much in the beginning, but then she became this very interesting character that had her way of thinking and some spine. Vaughn was deliriously dangerous and delicious at the same time and Faith is a very, very lucky girl. I'm excited to read Judd's book. :) ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one's for my Mum, Usha, the most extraordinary woman I know. With love.
Clinical Insanity.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 042521575X, Mass Market Paperback)

Hailed as a major new talent in paranormal romance, Nalini Singh takes us deeper into the world of the Psy and the changelings in her latest extraordinary novel, where a gifted woman sees passion in her future-a passion that is absolutely forbidden by her kind... Used to cold silence, Faith NightStar is suddenly being tormented by dark visions of blood and murder. A bad sign for anyone, but worse for Faith, an F-Psy with the highly sought after ability to predict the future. Then the visions show her something even more dangerous-aching need...exquisite pleasure. But so powerful is her sight, so fragile the state of her mind, that the very emotions she yearns to embrace could be the end of her. Changeling Vaughn D'Angelo can take either man or jaguar form, but it is his animal side that is overwhelmingly drawn to Faith. The jaguar's instinct is to claim this woman it finds so utterly fascinating and the man has no argument. But while Vaughn craves sensation and hungers to pleasure Faith in every way, desire is a danger that could snap the last threads of her sanity. And there are Psy who need Faith's sight for their own purposes. They must keep her silenced-and keep her from Vaughn...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:29 -0400)

Psychic Faith NightStar, plagued by visions of forbidden pleasure, finds herself the prey of changeling Vaughn D'Angelo, part man, part jaguar, who is determined to claim her as his own, while her people, needing her gift for their own evil purposes, strive to keep them apart.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,353,964 books! | Top bar: Always visible