Pelican Point: A Hope Harbor Novel by Irene…

Pelican Point: A Hope Harbor Novel (original 2018; edition 2018)

by Irene Hannon (Author)

Member:JboyzMom
Title:Pelican Point: A Hope Harbor Novel
Authors:Irene Hannon (Author)
Info:Revell (2018), 368 pages
Collections:2018 Reads, Christian Fiction
Rating:*****

Pelican Point by Irene Hannon (2018)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I Really enjoyed this book. This was a fun tale fears and hardships for both marci and Ben . I enjoyed the story where it was Oregon.
I will keep watching for Irene Hannon books.. ( )
  hope3957 | Nov 28, 2018 |
I'm loving this series and this book is no exception. This book brings together romance and a little suspense. Even though I didn't care for the character, Greg, at first, he became a vital person in the saving of the lighthouse. Of course, I loved the main characters, Ben and Marci, and hope to see them in the future, even in a minor role. ( )
  eliorajoy | Oct 18, 2018 |
What a neat book. Two couples, two romances. One romance that needs to start for the first time, and one that needs rekindling. A red-haired, frightened hot-head and a calm, military doctor who clash over a local landmark, that Ben actually refers to as “Skip’s Folly.” I liked getting to see inside the lives of Ben and Marci and Greg and Rachel. How they handle conflict ultimately will decide if their relationships will make it or be broken forever.

The townspeople are great in their care for their own. My favorite person is Charley. the taco maker. He seems to be very smart and insightful into others’ needs, yet he is eccentric enough to talk to the seagulls. Maybe that is what makes him a non-threatening counselor of sorts.

Twists I didn’t anticipate turned the course of the story. But isn’t that true of real life?

This was the second romance I have read in this Hope Harbor series of Ms. Hannon’s, but I intend to rectify that. The town and the people are just too wonderful to leave before one must.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley. This in no way affects my opinions, which I am leaving voluntarily and for which I am solely responsible. ( )
  Becky_L | Jul 5, 2018 |
I've only recently discovered this author. I'm not sure where I heard about this book--I didn't realize until I came here on Goodreads that it was book 4 in the series. I was not lost by jumping into the series at this book, so that is a good thing.

The beginning of the book felt very familiar to me. This could mean that I read a preview of the book at some point, or it could mean that there is another book out there that I've read where someone inherits a lighthouse--even though I don't remember a title.

Hope Harbor seems like a nice little town. It's got it's small town problems (everyone knowing everyone else's business) but the residents do seem to care for each other for the most part.

Loving each other in good and bad times and being committed to the one you love seem to be a common theme that weaves throughout the book.

Interesting that both Marci and Ben would have a similar issue in their past dating lives.

I thought the relationship between Rachel and Greg showcased some of the challenges that can occur in a marriage and ways to overcome them. Greg's emotions about being an amputee who now cannot get the job he's wanted for years seem realistic. Tough love is sometimes necessary. I'm glad it worked out in this case. I'm glad Marci was able to recognize his talent and redirect it to give him a new purpose.

Charley seems like an interesting character and it seems he has a past that is only hinted at so far.

The plot idea of the two main characters being attracted to each other but not wanting to get involved with each other is a bit overused in the genre. I wish the author could have made it more fresh rather than going with a tried and true plot point. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jun 14, 2018 |
Ms. Hannon has done it again! She has brought her long time fans (and I’m sure, some new fans!) another hit. Pelican Point brings us back to Hope Harbor, once again, and keeps us hanging on every page turn. I stayed up long into the night trying to finish this one and when I closed the last page…..well, let’s just say I didn’t want it to end.

I loved the way Ms. Hannon created Ben and Marci. They were real-to-life and really jumped off the pages. Watching them come together, determining what should be done with Pelican Point, was not just interesting, it was fun. They butt heads on occasion, but then Hannon weaves in the power that God has and the head butting quickly turns to blossoming attraction making me wish that I was there beside them, cheering them on in real life.

Ms. Hannon not only gives us a great performance with Ben and Marci in this story, she brings back some lovable characters from the first three novels and really rounds out the story. The messages of hope that she winds into the words of the story really pop to me. I loved every second of this story! For 2018, this has become one of my favorite novels and I can’t wait to read more 5 star worthy reads from her fantabulously, incredibly talented hands. Well done, Ms. Hannon! Well done!

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and was under no obligation to post a review, positive or negative.* ( )
  JboyzMom | May 15, 2018 |
In loving memory of my wonderful mother, Dorothy Hannon, who had a deep affection for lighthouses.
Although you've been gone more than a year, the light of your love continues to shine in my heart, guiding and blessing my days.
As it always will . . . until we meet again.
He'd inherited a lighthouse?

After inheriting a crumbling lighthouse, Dr. Ben Garrison is more than ready to get rid of it until he meets a determined Marci Weber who wants to save the landmark. Can she make him see her point of view?

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Irene Hannon's book Pelican Point is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,749,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible