Helen Keller's Teacher by Margaret Davidson

Helen Keller's Teacher (1965)

by Margaret Davidson

This book is about the struggles that Helen Keller had to over come being both blind and deaf. It took the strong will of a teacher to help Helen over come her disability and to become a name to remember. My cousin Bethany loves this book and often calls Helen her hero. Bethany tells me that its because Helen had to overcome impossible odds and won in the battle to do so that she is a hero.

I feel as Bethany does that Helen is a person to look up to that it takes a strong will and a stubborn teacher to make it through some of the toughest things in our life. Bethany dressed up as Helen and gave a report on her for a 4-H project.

I would use that idea in the class room. I would have my student pick out their hero from history and tell about them. Explain why this person is a hero.

What is a hero? Have a day to compare animated heros like batman and superman to people like Helen Keller.
  mr.discovampire | Dec 12, 2008 |
This biography of Annie Sullivan, Helen Keller's teacher, fascinated me at a very early age. I must have read it a dozen times. An excellent book for a young reader as it really helps a child to walk in very different shoes. ( )
  eslee | Apr 16, 2006 |

The true story of the dedicated woman, Anne Sullivan Macy, who became Helen Keller's teacher and lifelong friend.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:47 -0400)

The true story of twenty-year-old Annie Sullivan, who's courage and determination to teach Helen how to read and write, helped herself overcome her own handicaps.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,274,928 books! | Top bar: Always visible