On Ordeal by Diane Duane
Info:Errantry Press
Collections:Read, Read this year, ebooks, Working on
Tags:Fic, SF, !authorsite, __make_cover, _import180104

Interim Errantry: On Ordeal by Diane Duane

Nice! Three separate stories as one book - the Ordeals of Roshaun, Mamvish, and Ronan. That is, a (humanoid) alien prince, a giant sauroid, and an Irish boy. The diversity of wizards... Roshaun's story explained a heck of a lot about him - I've always rather disliked him, as in "what a pain he is". Now I understand some of his twists - especially his aloofness. It makes me want to go back and read from Wizard's Holiday on, to see him in this new light. Mamvish - is an extremely weird story, on several levels. For one thing, her Ordeal is pretty indistinguishable from her life before she knew there were wizards...and the Lone One's comment is highly amusing. Again, I want to revisit her, and see her from this new angle. There's a heck of a lot of story missing between the end of this and her first appearance in Young Wizards, though - I'd have loved to see _her_ first encounter with the Crossings! And Ronan - I knew at least the sketch of what had happened to him, though the details are very rich. The bit about the stone is highly amusing, too. I can't tell if the supervisor was a wizard or Tek was so empowered that it could speak to a non-wizard. Excellent stories, filling in a lot of details. Looking forward to the next. Oh, BTW - don't start this when you need to be somewhere else soon. It made me late twice, and it's not that long a book... ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Jan 11, 2018 |

Diane Duane is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,999,352 books! | Top bar: Always visible