Renegade: Martin Luther, The Graphic…

Renegade: Martin Luther, The Graphic Biography

by Dacia Palmerino

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I am not generally a reader of graphic novels, but I was intrigued by the idea of a biography in this format. I had some background on Martin Luther before requesting this book, but really wanted to learn more about him before delving into some of the more dense books that are available. I loved reading this graphic biography about Martin Luther! The illustrations are beautifully done and complement the text to really enhance the overall experience of reading about this intriguing subject. I would recommend Renegrade: Martin Luther, The Graphic Biography and am proud to have it as a part of my collection. ( )
  bookjen | Jan 17, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Great artwork and faithful to actual history. The graphic images are just that – sometimes quite graphic on the painfulness of life in the 16th century, and oftentimes very close to actual images. As I read it, I wondered if they had applied sketch marks to actual pictures. Nonetheless, 'Renegade' provides a great overview of Luther's life, with its highs and lows. Based on the graphicness of the images and the details of the story itself, I would suggest around 12-13 years old as the youngest suitable audience.
  bulldog | Jan 9, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A very nicely conceived and executed illustrated romp through the life of Martin Luther as well as an interesting perspective on 16th century Europe. More than just a "cartoon" version of history - this is quite nuanced and suitable for readers across the board. Brava. ( )
  michaelg16 | Jan 7, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as a LibraryThing early reviewer. The book is an excellent illustrated graphic novel about Martin Luther. In many ways the book seemed to echo the movie featuring Joseph Feinnes (2003). The illustrated images seem to be based off of photographs, so are rather lifelike. ( )
  utna | Jan 3, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Renegade is an excellent synopsis of the story of Martin Luther, and how he affected the Reformation. With captivating illustrations, the book chronicles the main events of Luther's life.

This book does not delve deeply into any one area or event, but this is a great overview. The illustrations are not detailed, but they provide visualisation to enhance the story.

I definitely recommend this book as an introductory look into Luther's life and the Reformation. ( )
  Capt.Geech | Dec 16, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Dacia Palmerino's book Renegade: Martin Luther, the Graphic Biography is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,378,507 books! | Top bar: Always visible