The Traitor's Game (The Traitor's Game, Book…

The Traitor's Game (The Traitor's Game, Book 1) (edition 2018)

by Jennifer A. Nielsen (Author)

Series: The Traitor's Game (1)

After three years in exile Kestra Dallisor has been summoned back to Antora by her father, right-hand man of the seemingly immortal king, Lord Endrick, but she is intercepted and kidnapped by the Coracks who want to use her to get the Olden Blade, which they believe can be used to kill the despot--Simon, one of the rebels with his own grudge against the Dallisors, is assigned to accompany her, but Kestra has her own plans and she does not intend to let anyone get in her way.… (more)
Member:Rose9929
Title:The Traitor's Game (The Traitor's Game, Book 1)
Authors:Jennifer A. Nielsen (Author)
Info:Scholastic Press (2018), 405 pages
Tags:to-read

The Traitor's Game (The Traitor's Game, Book One) by Jennifer A. Nielsen

English (7)  Dutch (1)  All languages (8)
ok, truth is it didn't keep me interested or engaged. ( )
  otkac001 | Jan 20, 2019 |
4.5*
This book is a pleasant mashup of betrayal, intrigue, romance, and action. Kestra goes from a pampered princess to a revolting rogue and I'm here for it! Nielsen does a wonderful job of world-building and she doesn't go overboard with the romance element. She gives you just enough to hope these two characters get their act together while secretly suspecting that all their lies will keep them apart. This was a captivating read and I can't wait to see how this story ends! ( )
  DMPrice | Sep 25, 2018 |
Book one of a trilogy (?) - featuring an alternate world and a reluctant royal daughter of the controlling tribe called the Dallisors - ( )
  BDartnall | Aug 12, 2018 |
Literary Merit: Very Good
Character Merit: Very Good
Reading Level: 6-9
Recommend: Yes
On her way home after three years of exile, Kestra Dallisor is kidnapped and forced to work with and for the resistance who are trying to remove her father and evil, tyrannous Lord Endrick from power. Kestra's intellect, courage, determination, and years of physical training help her fare better than the rebels anticipate as she searches for the Olden Blade, a dagger which people claim has the power to kill Lord Endrick . While Kestra's mission is dangerous enough, her feelings for Simon, a boy she had sent to his death years ago, further complicate the plot. Full of deception, plotting, and betrayal, this fantasy novel will keep readers turning the pages to learn if Kestra can outsmart her father, Lord Endrick, and the rebels.The strong, clever female protagonist and romance will appeal to female readers. The romance is light enough to be middle grade appropriate. ( )
  SWONroyal | Jul 27, 2018 |
This cover is absolutely gorgeous and even prettier in person. I’ve never read Jennifer A. Nielsen’s The False Prince series, but I’ve heard a lot of good things about it so I was intrigued when I saw the blurb for her newest book.

The Traitor’s Game was very similar to many other books in the YA fantasy genre. It was full of all of the same cliches and tropes, down to the somewhat predictable ending and romance. However, the book did manage to keep my attention and I never grew bored or impatient while reading, which is a huge plus. And although there was a bit of insta-love, the romance wasn’t overwhelming to the story and didn’t present much of an issue. I was also really glad that there was no love triangle, something that is way too common for this genre. Overall, it was a pleasant reading experience and I look forward to continuing the series! ( )
  pawsandpaperbacks | Apr 1, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,711,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible