M is for Magic by Neil Gaiman

M is for Magic

by Neil Gaiman

Other authors: Teddy Kristiansen (Illustrator)

Recently added byprivate library, kdm14, jkrzok, mrsrobin, Aneris, mayhplumb, ElenaGall, cjbranaman, INorris, knorq
Legacy LibrariesTim Spalding

Another brilliant collection of short stories from a true master of the craft. I especially enjoyed the story from The Graveyard Book. I find I have very little to say when I really like a book, and I really liked this book. The end. ( )
  melydia | Jun 2, 2017 |
Why. Why. Why do I keep subjecting myself to Gaiman? I've yet to enjoy anything he's written. Such a waste of time. ( )
  benuathanasia | May 26, 2017 |
Imaginative writing, supposedly for kids 8-12. The first two stories have inappropriate content for that age, some of it sexual. Otherwise, the remaining stories might intrigue that age range. Most of the stories have scary elements or might seem so to that age range. Kids generally like that. I didn't find much magic here, as the title suggests -- mostly the stories were either clever or imaginative and on the dark and confounding side. The author commands respect, but I can't say I liked this collection. Some stories were better than others. Maybe ask a 12-year-old for a different viewpoint. ( )
  Rascalstar | Jan 21, 2017 |
Older short stories that foreshadow his better works to come. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
A book of short stories by Gaiman. I listened to the audio read by Gaiman. Many of the stories (all?) were published in a previous collection, as well.

I should just copy and paste every single review I’ve done for a book of short stories! I liked some better than others. Especially with audio (as this was), though it goes for short stories – at least for me – in general, anyway… if I miss something, with a short story, you really end up missing the entire story because there really isn’t any way/time to catch up with what you missed, unless you want to back up and start it again (that’s where it’s a bit easier with a print or ebook over an audio). My favourite story was one that I’ve read before about a black cat. I do love that he often includes cats in his stories and this black cat was not unlucky for the humans. ( )
  LibraryCin | Dec 17, 2016 |

Neil Gaimanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kristiansen, TeddyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Writing imaginative tales for the young is like sending coals to Newcastle. For coals.
I sat in my office, nursing a glass of hooch and idly cleaning my automatic.

Master storyteller Neil Gaiman presents a breathtaking collection of tales for younger readers that may chill or amuse, but that always embrace the unexpected:

Humpty Dumpty's sister hires a private detective to investigate her brother's death. A teenage boy who has trouble talking to girls finds himself at a rather unusual party. A boy raised in a graveyard makes a discovery, and confronts the much more troubling world of the living.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:34 -0400)

Eleven stories that involve strange and fantastical events.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,307,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible