Seeking Sarah: A Novel by ReShonda Tate…

Seeking Sarah: A Novel (edition 2017)

by ReShonda Tate Billingsley (Author)

Member:Tea58
Title:Seeking Sarah: A Novel
Authors:ReShonda Tate Billingsley (Author)
Info:Gallery Books (2017), 304 pages
Collections:Untitled collection
Rating:*****
Tags:Raleigh North Carolina, Atlanta, Ga. CNN, Oprah, Daniel Black, Romance, parents, mothers, fathers, drugs, abandonment, anger, marriage, emotions, families, Achievement Award

Seeking Sarah: A Novel by ReShonda Tate Billingsley

I liked the overall message but I think it was a bit melodramatic. ( )
  1forthebooks | May 22, 2018 |
I read this on a whim and it definitely held my attention through unexpected twists and turns. Recently engaged, Brooke Green’s reality flips upside down on the day of her father’s funeral. She learns painful facts that send her on a gripping search. Her father thought he knew best by keeping secrets. Even though she knows God’s way to live life, she heads in the wrong direction desperate to find truth and she may lose everything doing it. How far would you go seeking to unravel lies you believed your whole life? You’ll need to read Seeking Sarah to discover Brooke’s revelations, actions and reactions.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and was under no obligation to post anything but my honest review which I have done. ( )
  sh2rose | Feb 2, 2018 |
This book follows Brookes complicated life after her father dies she finds out her mother is alive, not dead like her father had her believe.

This book had me intrigued by the storyline and the drama that lies cause.

*Got this book in exchange for my honest review* ( )
  relativelybooktastic | Nov 22, 2017 |
At seven years old, Brooke lost her mother. Years later she would lose her father, Jacob. After his death, Brooke began to learn about the many secrets surrounding her life. These secrets would lead to a heavy disagreement with Trent, her finance. Her grandmother tried to help her understand the past. To learn all of her past, she would have to leave Raleigh and go to Atlanta.

It is easy to feel deep sympathy and empathy for Brooke. There are feelings for mothers too. All mothers step out on an unknown path. There are dramatic stories some mothers can tell. This one in "Seeking Sarah" rings true. I think we've all felt some of the mother's feelings or the emotions of the daughter. There comes a time when these words are taken with more than a grain of salt. "Tired of the games...Tired of the losses."

ReShonda Tate Billingsley's "Seeking Sarah" is an emotional book. It leaves me hoping to find any Sarahs in my life. Sarah is such a meaningful name. Oh, please tell "Daniel Black" hello, and there is a prayer for his future success along with your future success and further explorations to find your Inner Oprah. ( )
  Tea58 | Sep 30, 2017 |
Bonds with our mothers are very important and Brooke Green had missed her mother for over 25 years old after mother died when she was seven. When her father dies, her grandmother tells her that her mother really isn't dead but had abandoned the family. Brooke finds her mother and her mother's new family not too far away in Atlanta and decides that she wants to confront her mother but boy does so go about it wrong. Instead of talking to her, she ends up wrecking havoc on her mother's family. I didn't really like the main character in this novel -- I thought that Brooke was childish and spoiled. However, the book was well written and I did enjoy reading it just to see how Brooke would solve her problems. I would definitely read another book by this author.

Thanks to goodreads for a copy of this book to read and review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  susan0316 | Sep 27, 2017 |

On the day of her father's funeral, Brooke Green's grandmother breaks the shocking news: her mother, Sarah, is very much alive, living in Atlanta. She abandoned her family because she claimed she wasn't fit for motherhood-- but began an new career, and even has a family in Atlanta. Stunned, Brooke doesn't know if she wants answers or revenge. When she meets Sarah's husband, Tony, Brooke sees the perfect way to make her mother pay. But her plan for revenge just may leave everyone in danger, and end up costing Brooke more than she ever bargained for.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,014 books! | Top bar: Always visible