Kat's Cradle (Kat Colorado Mysteries) by…

Kat's Cradle (Kat Colorado Mysteries) (edition 1992)

by Karen Kijewski

Member:Marlin.Library
Title:Kat's Cradle (Kat Colorado Mysteries)
Authors:Karen Kijewski
Info:Crimeline (1992), Paperback, 316 pages
Collections:Your library, Bono
Tags:Living Room Shelf

Kat's Cradle by Karen Kijewski

Kat Colorado is hired by Paige Morrell to find her mothers death certificate. Piage was raised by her grandmother and she can't inherit the family farm and orchard until it's proved that her mother is dead. As Kat investigates she uncovers a web of family secrets and lies. This is the third book in the series and i haven't read the other two. Kat makes some questionable choices which might be better understood if I had read the previous books. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
Reread this for my walking group book walk. It's been at least eleven years since I read all of Kijewski's works. Solid mystery with many twists and turns, but none of them unfair to the reader. The character of Paige does seem to rely on the theory that sociopathic personalities are created by a bad childhood. This theory is mostly discarded now, but the character still works in terms of the plot. Kat's relationship with Hank gets a little wearing--maybe I've just read too many mysteries in which the personal life of the detective is a hot mess. Sometimes I actually yearn for the Golden Era in which detectives didn't have much in the way of a personal life; they just solved the damn mystery.
  ritaer | Feb 2, 2014 |
Karen Kijewski published nine Kat Colorado novels between 1988 and 1998 and has apparently dropped out to raise a family.
Kat's Cradle, one of the earlier books, annoyed me a bit with some unnecessary plot twists and character inconsistencies -- almost as though the author was afraid she's lose me without them. I also tired of the abbreviated sentences and her overused "I hate it when that happens." That said, I wish she would resume writing because there is solid craft and mystery genre instinct that would make her better with maturity. ( )
  seasidereader | Apr 11, 2006 |

She's a hard-boiled Sacramento P.I. with a soft  spot for the unlucky, the unloved, and one special  cop named Hank. Her name is Kat Colorado and in  her line of business curiosity can be mre than an  occupational hazard -- it can be  murder.

She said her name was Paige Morrell and she  came to Kat Colorado hoping to untangle the twisted  mystery of her past. She was a  twenty-one-year-old "orphan," a poor little rich girl on  the verge of inheriting a weathy old river estate --  and some very nasty surprises. But when Kat set  out to solve the case, she found herself following  a thread of lies, greed and deceit that led  straight to the corpse of a key source to Paige's past.  Now the Sacramento private eye was about to learn  that in the California Delta some family secrets  were better left buried . . .because uncovering  them could be murder.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:33 -0400)

Sassy and street-smart private eye Kat Colorado is hired to find out about the birth and heritage of a young girl named Paige. When a key source to Paige's past is found dead, Kat sets out to solve the case.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,415,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible