Last Scene Alive (Aurora Teagarden…

Last Scene Alive (Aurora Teagarden Mysteries) (original 2002; edition 2006)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:brochettes
Title:Last Scene Alive (Aurora Teagarden Mysteries)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Mira Books (2006), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 248 pages
Collections:Given away, Read but unowned
Rating:**1/2

Last Scene Alive by Charlaine Harris (2002)

amateur detective (5) Aurora Teagarden (86) Book 7 (7) Charlaine Harris (12) cozy (9) cozy mystery (5) crime (7) ebook (12) fiction (50) Georgia (9) Harris (5) humor (4) Kindle (4) librarian (12) librarians (7) library (4) murder (10) murder mystery (5) mysteries (4) mystery (165) own (5) paperback (7) pb (4) read (9) romance (5) series (17) southern (6) Teagarden (5) to-read (18) unread (5)

Pretty light book to read in bed to relax during these busy times. It took me a little while to warm up to the Robin Crusoe character because of the cheesy (to me) name, but he turned out to be okay. For a while, it seems like Roe's PT job as a librarian might have been any job, but the library ended up playing a role in the mystery, which I was happy to see. All in all, a pretty satisfying story. ( )
  dukefan86 | Dec 13, 2013 |
Although I didn't intend to read more in this series, I figured (since I had the book) I'd fill in the gaps. Not a bad installment. The character is realizing more her own selfishness and at least this time Roe wasn't targeted because some other character was inexplicably obsessed with her. An ok mystery, if a bit obvious. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
Murder mystery, romance, loops withing loops. Fun ( )
  cfk | Feb 21, 2013 |
The Aurora Teagarden books should be read in order, as the messy nature of her personal life is almost a bigger feature than the mysteries.

This one brings back a lot of the characters from the first novel, including the love interest.

I originally picked up the series because I like books that feature bookstores, libraries, etc. in their mysteries. Unfortunately, the library aspect of these books is more in name only than in the plot or theme of the books. I decided to finish out the series anyways, because I found the main character amusing and some of the writing worked for me (although too often the plots did not--sometimes I can solve the murder halfway through the book) ( )
  Keeline | Feb 25, 2011 |
This time Roe's life is turned upside down when her former lover Robin Crusoe returns to town to shoot a movie version of one of his true life crime books. It just happens that the book was based on events that take place in the first novel in the series which makes it personal for librarian Roe. She isn't sure how she feels about Robin being back in town as she is dealing with her own loss and seeing Robin is bound to bring up the past and her complicated feelings.

Robin hasn't exactly been celibate since he left town. He has been dating the actress due to play Roe in the film (art imitating life). Unfortunately though they have split up and one morning she is found dead in her film trailer. Roe and Robin are immediately on the case and looking for who the murderer was.

The story was mixed for me, I guessed correctly who the murderer was this time but didn't guess at their motives which was a nice twist. These books are more about character development and I do like Roe. It was good to see Robin return, I liked him in the first book which is probably the best in the series. ( )
  Rhinoa | Aug 3, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425228142, Mass Market Paperback)

From the New York Times bestselling author of Dead Over Heels and the Sookie Stackhouse novels.

Roe is still in mourning over her husband's death when a movie company arrives in Lawrenceton. They've come to make a film based on a book written by her one-time boyfriend Robin Crusoe, a book that detailed their shared investigation of a series of murders that occurred years before.

But when the lead actress-who is playing Roe-is killed, Robin and Roe join forces once again to thwart a killer, without knowing that Roe herself is the next target.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:21 -0400)

When Robin Crusoe returns to Lawrenceton to create a film, Roe Teagarden is surprised to learn that her estranged stepson is part of the crew, and when the neighborhood goes film crazy, an unknown murderer begins a killing spree.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,475,640 books! | Top bar: Always visible