The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama…

by Christina Anthis (Author)

1051,273,604 (5)None
Member:Terrell_Sanzone
Title:The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama and Baby: Safe and Natural Remedies for Pregnancy, Birth, and Children
Authors:Christina Anthis (Author)
Info:Althea Press (2017), 294 pages
Tags:diy, how to, essential oils, oils, remedies

The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama and Baby: Safe and Natural Remedies for Pregnancy, Birth, and Children by Christina Anthis

A very helpful resource for anyone that prefer's natural remedies to the multiple concoctions that are sold through the pharmaceutical companies. The chapters are divided in a way that will make it easy to locate the specific information that you are needing to find. It shows clear and easy directions for making the different essential oil blends. As with any kind of remedy, natural or pharmaceutical, there is a section that clarifies the oils that are safe to use, and the oils that should be avoided. I would highly recommend this book. Love it!
  acsanford | May 10, 2018 |
A Mom, a baby, herbs, essential and carrier oils make for over 200 recipes for relief and relaxation. This books is easy to read and has simple to follow recipes that will help you to feel better and to be happy. Nice way to get started but I would also remember to check with your pediatrician before giving anything 'medicinal' to your baby.
  Terrell_Sanzone | Nov 14, 2017 |
What I like about this book:
--Colorful, relevant images and illustrations
--Well-organized and very user-friendly
--Good use of background color and type color to keep sections congruent and to engage the attention of visual readers. Many purely black and white books sit unused on my shelf.

I recommend "The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama & Baby; Safe and Natural Remedies for Pregnancy, Birth, and Children" for anyone interested in safer ways to treat common ailments, or for anyone interested in using essential oils, period. This book contains good, basic information about essential oil safety and usage guidelines and how-to's.
It isn't the Larousse Gastronomique of the essential oil world, but rather a dependable compilation like the Betty Crocker Cookbook was to basic cooking. Additionally, this contains a great assortment of recipes specifically helpful during pregnancy and childbirth. My favorite section of this book contains recipes for blends that are useful and safe for babies and children. I will add that these blends may also be useful for adults who are sensitive to some of the "hotter" or harsher oils.
Do not overlook "The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama & Baby" just because it says, "for Mama and Baby" in the title. It is all that and so much more.

My only recommendation for the author would be to include a note of caution in Apppendix B reminding users to always dilute blends before using topically, especially for children. Novice users might not remember what they read on page 16.
I am very grateful to have received this book from the LT Early Reviewers giveaway. ( )
  janbluewing | Sep 22, 2017 |
I had the pleasure of reading The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama and Baby. This book is perfect for all readers interested in essential oils. I was a little unsure about essential oils because of the lack of knowledge I had. This book is written and organized well. I found the book to be very informative. The book lists and describes the oils and give great recipes for remedies that all parents can use at one time or another. One of my favorite things about this book is the illustrations for the oil along with a description and where they can be purchased! This book is a great resource and has been added to my resource section of books.
  melissathompson | Sep 13, 2017 |
Great resource for people getting started using essential oils - the first chapters give a great overview of general options for oil uses but the largest portion of the book is the most useful. Filled with recipes and instructions for oil blends to use from pregnancy through childbirth and then on young children. Almost as helpful is the chapter discussing most popular oils their origin and what you can use as substitutes if you don't have a particular oil. I will be using this book as a resource and sharing it with others as well. ( )
  hollicolli | Sep 6, 2017 |

"All moms-to-be have the same goal: healthy pregnancy, healthy baby. But along the way it can be hard-- not to mention a little scary-- to figure out how to treat your aches, pains, and even emotional swings safely. Now you can knowledgeably and confidently use natural and affordable essential oils throughout pregnancy and beyond with hundreds of safe blends. The complete book of essential oils for mama and baby is your go-to resource of natural remedies. In these pages, Christina Anthis draws on her years of aromatherapy training to make sure you understand when it is and isn't safe to use essential oils, providing usage guidelines for all ages and stages" -Page [4] of cover.… (more)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Christina Anthis's book The Complete Book of Essential Oils for Mama and Baby was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,494,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible