Runaways, Volume 2: Teenage Wasteland by…

Runaways, Volume 2: Teenage Wasteland

by Brian K. Vaughan, Adrian Alphona (Illustrator), Takeshi Miyazawa (Illustrator)

Series: Runaways (2)

Like all good sequels, Volume 2 uses the same formula, doubles the mix and answers some questions.

I've said it in my review of Volume 1, but 'Runaways' really does a good job of modernizing the Marvel superhero format to appeal to jaded youngsters strung out on Shonen Jump and what passes for Nickelodeon these days.

...When did I get so old? Pretty soon I just might convince myself that the NES was superior to modern game consoles and that nu-metal was a good idea.

The Runaways

Next: 'The Good Die Young'

Previous: 'Pride and Joy' ( )
  ManWithAnAgenda | Feb 18, 2019 |
Here we have the second collected series for the first run of Runaways. The kids are taking time to formulate a plan in Chase's hideaway, "The Hostel," a giant mansion that sank after a bad earthquake years ago. Then, on a food run, they wind up foiling a robbery and discovering another kid who claims he was misled by evil parents. This particular kid has a dark secret, though.

We get to know a little more about the dynamics of this group of kids who don't really like each other and have now been thrust together by the actions of their parents. Also, Cloak and Dagger make a cameo in one issue because who better to chase down runaway kids? Former runaway kids. We also get to see just how vicious The Pride can be and come one step closer to the mole still loyal to his or her parents.

The good run continues with issues 7-12. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Sep 12, 2014 |
There were a few funny or cool moments that made up for the whole thing. If it hadn't been for those moments, then it would've been just kind of 'meh.' I'm not overly fond of anyone except Gert, which makes it difficult ot like. However, I am still interested in knowing who the mole is, and the teenagers as a group are starting to get a little more organized and interesting. Maybe. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Jun 1, 2014 |
This feels like a second act: a bunch of obstacles thrown against the heroes, but by the end, you're no farther along than you were when you began. ( )
  DougGoodman | May 16, 2014 |
Still a fun series, even with the slightly forced crossover with another Marvel property (Cloak and Dagger make an appearance because they were runaways themselves). Having worked together fairly well to escape their evil parents, now the runaway kids end up fighting each other. I'm pretty sure I've identified the traitor in the group, so I'll keep reading to see if I'm right.

-------------------------------
LT Haiku:

Act two strives to give
us more personality,
but still some big fights. ( )
  legallypuzzled | Apr 20, 2014 |

Brian K. Vaughanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Alphona, AdrianIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Miyazawa, TakeshiIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
“Where is my CHILD?!”
Where is my CHILD?!

Act two strives to give

us more personality,

but still some big fights.

(legallypuzzled)

Still on the run from their super-villain parents, this motley crew of super-powered kids finds a kindred spirit in a daring young stranger and welcomes him into their fold. But will this dashing young man help the teenagers defeat their villainous parents...or tear them apart? One troubled member finds out, as she leaves the group's hideout with their new recruit, who reveals his startling secret, putting the entire team in jeopardy! Plus: Who do you send to catch a group of missing, runaway teenage super heroes? Marvel's original teen runaway crimefighters, Cloak and Dagger, making their first major appearance in years!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:57 -0400)

Still on the run from their super-villain parents, this motley crew of super-powered kids finds a kindred spirit in a daring young stranger and welcomes him into the fold. But will he help them or tear them apart?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,761,325 books! | Top bar: Always visible