Tragedies (The Heritage Shakespeare) by…

Tragedies (The Heritage Shakespeare) (edition 1958)

by William Shakespeare

Member:odettedamboise
Title:Tragedies (The Heritage Shakespeare)
Authors:William Shakespeare
Info:Heritage Press (1958), Hardcover
Tags:classic literature, shakespeare

The Tragedies by William Shakespeare

English (5)  Spanish (2)  All languages (7)
Currently in King Lear... ( )
  SaraMSLIS | Jan 26, 2016 |
What can you say that hasn't been said about the works of one of the most brilliant minds who ever lived? All superlatives elude me. Only the Ancient Greek playwrights are his equals. All others pale in comparison. Unfortunately, so many are turned-off to Shakespeare because of their introduction to him in high school. What a pity. Shakespeare is to be watched! Reading him is a poor substitute. If you can readily understand the English language of his day, he is easy to read, but few are adept at this. ( )
  JVioland | Jul 14, 2014 |
ROMEU E JULIETA
MACBETH
HAMLET, PRÍNCIPE DA DINAMARCA
OTELO, O MOURO DE VENEZA
  Eduvaldo | Mar 27, 2011 |
Volume 2
  CovenantClassical | Oct 24, 2010 |
This is an assemblage of the Bard's tragedies, convenient and collected. I do not like that there are no notes or comments whatsoever. Their absence does make the book smaller and more physically managable. But I miss the annotation which makes Shakespeare a richer experience. ( )
  AlexTheHunn | Oct 1, 2007 |

William Shakespeareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Alexander, PeterEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Chappell, WarrenIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Clark, William GeorgeEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Valverde, José MaríaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
SATURNINUS: Noble patricians, patrons of my right, / Defend the justice of my cause with arms.
Hamlet: Bernardo: Who's there?
Macbeth: Witch 1: When shall we three meet again in thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Othello: Roderigo: Tush, never tell me; I take it much unkindly that thou, Iago, who hast had my purse as if the strings were thine, shouldst know of this,--
King Lear: Earl of Kent: I thought the king had more affected the Duke of Albany than Cornwall.

Contains: MacBeth; Hamlet, Prince of Denmark; Othello, Moor of Venice; Romeo and Juliet; King Lear; Julius Caesar

A vibrant Shakespeare that brings readers closer than ever before possible to Shakespeare's plays as they were first acted. The Norton Shakespeare, Based on the Oxford Edition invites readers to rediscover Shakespeare—the working man of the theater, not the universal bard-and to rediscover his plays as scripts to be performed, not works to be immortalized. Combining the freshly edited texts of the Oxford Edition with lively introductions by Stephen Greenblatt and his co-editors, glossaries and annotations, and an elegant single-column page (that of the Norton Anthologies), this edition of Shakespeare invites contemporary readers to see and read Shakespeare afresh. Greenblatt's full introduction creates a window into Shakespeare world-the culture, demographics, commerce, politics, and religion of early-modern England—Shakespeare's family background and professional life, the Elizabethan industries of theater and printing, and the subsequent centuries of Shakespeare textual editing.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:59 -0400)

A collection of Shakespeare's tragic plays.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,653,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible