No Word from Winifred by Amanda Cross

No Word from Winifred (1986)

by Amanda Cross

283None39,768 (3.32)13
Recently added byprivate library, eilidhnic, njcur, rmaitzen, margaret6, NeverStopTrying, zannerina, afinch11

English (5)  Spanish (1)  All languages (6)
okay ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
This is probably my favorite Amanda Cross book, just because it ended so surprisingly. I grew to like Winifred through Kate. ( )
  particle_p | Apr 1, 2013 |
Loved it! I just love her writing, the dialogue, her ways of looking at life, relationships, academics, etc. If a reader isn't in it for those things, I could see that this book might not hold your attention. I happen to think the ending is perfect. Cross is usually giving us her views about various cultural phenomenon in the process of telling her story and I always find that aspect as if not more interesting than the story itself. In this case she reflects on friendships between women and between women and men. And it is always wonderful to read about strong, smart, independent women. ( )
  jour149 | Nov 15, 2012 |
It was like she could not come up with a reasonable ending. This one was not very good. ( )
  cindysprocket | Nov 14, 2009 |
i finally finished this book. At the end I discovered that I could care less about Winifred. The book was boring. ( )
  GRJO | Mar 6, 2009 |
To Tom F. Driver for old and new times'sake
Laurence R. Fansler, the oldest partner of Darwin Darwin Erasmus and Mendel, was chatting with the next oldest partner in the firm.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345333810, Mass Market Paperback)

When Winifred, the niece of a renowned British novelist goes missing after she agreed to be interviewed for her esteemed aunt's biography, the biographer taps Kate Fansler to find her. Kate spots clues all right, but finding the person is a lot trickier than she thought....

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:58:45 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,468,129 books! | Top bar: Always visible