Quest of the Three Worlds by Cordwainer…

English (4)  Italian (1)  All languages (5)
I've read Cordwainer Smith in the past I remember his books being very "colorful". They were unique and fun, not too serious but not completely silly either. This one was different for me. It was REALLY strange. In the end I kept reading because I was just curious to see how bat-shit insane this guy could get. It's funny because there are a lot of authors out there trying to be really strange. I didn't feel like Mr. Smith was trying.

So this was unique, sometimes fun but really just left me scratching my brain wondering if the drugs the author was on when he wrote this were still in circulation. ( )
  ragwaine | Jun 13, 2015 |
Took a while to get going, and the settings are as alien as you would expect from Cordwainer Smith, but the story did gain a pace and the second half was certainly easier to read than the first. ( )
  rlangston | Oct 16, 2014 |
Bleah. I think you need to have been reading other Cordwainer Smith recently for this one to hold much charm. ( )
  Eileen47 | Jun 23, 2013 |
I have become quite a fan of Cordwainer Smith in the last couple years. His short science fiction stories, especially the Instrumentality of Mankind stories, are frequently astonishing and always thought provoking, delivering a uniquely imaginitive view of mankind's future in a very matter-of-fact style.

I must admit that this book was not among his best, partly because the characters are not entirely sympathetic, but mainly because of Smith's heavy-handed interjection of Christian symbolism in the second and third stories. And I found T'Ruth to be not nearly as compelling a character as C'Mell. Still, for anyone out there who has never read Cordwainer Smith, I highly recommend anything you can get your hands on. All his science fiction fits in four short books (one novel and three collections). ( )
  clong | Dec 27, 2007 |

Cordwainer Smithprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Herring, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Morrow, GrayCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Roberts, AnthonyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Erinnert euch an das Pferd.
Consider the horse.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,953,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible