Absolute Power by David Baldacci

Absolute Power (1996)

by David Baldacci

English (47)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (51)
I saw the movie first and then found out it was based on a book. The book was even better than the movie (they usually are). Good read. ( )
  songbird72 | Feb 25, 2018 |
Absolute Power by David Baldacci was a fun read. David Baldacci books frequently are suspenseful conspiracy books, and this one delivered. This book involved murder, theft, conspiracy, and government officials: all great aspects for a book that gives you an escape. ( )
  sh7980 | Jan 21, 2018 |
David said this is one of his 5 best novels.
  RodgerA | Dec 29, 2017 |
I've given up on this novel. After 6 hours of listening to this in the car I feel as though the plot hasn't really moved along at all. In fact, I feel as though all that has happened is the introduction of the characters and the premise of the plot.

In and of itself, the premise and setup are great. The various overlaps of characters will obviously have everyone circling one another. But this audiobook has broken my reading rules and not gotten going soon enough for my liking. Others may find it more rewarding, but I just found it to have too much exposition. ( )
  TysonAdams | Jun 20, 2017 |
An enjoyable crime thriller. Moves along at a great pace with some some shocking twists and turns and a nice ending. Good one for holiday reading! ( )
  spbooks | Jan 23, 2017 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionscalculated
Andersson, ErikTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

—LORD ACTON
To MICHELLE, my dearest friend, my loving wife, my partner in crime, without you this dream would have remained a feeble glint in a weary eye.

To MY MOTHER AND FATHER, no parents could have done any more

To MY BROTHER AND SISTER, for putting up with a lot from their younger sibling and still always being there for me
He gripped the steering wheel loosely as the car, its lights out, drifted slowly to a stop.

Tijdens een klusje in een villawijk is inbreker Luther Whitney ongewild ooggetuige van een afgrijselijke scène: voor zijn ogen wordt een vrouw doodgeschoten, nadat haar stomdronken minnar heeft gepoogd haar te verkrachten. Het dodelijk schot wordt gelost door een veiligheidsagent, die verantwoordelijk is voor het leven van zijn baas. Zijn baas is niemand minder dan de President van de Verenigde Staten.... Tot zijn verbijstering moet Luther toezien hoe de presidentiële medewerkers alle sporen van de moord koelbloedig en systematisch, uitwissenLuther weet te ontsnappen, maar helaas niet onopgemerkt. Geschokt door deze manifestatie van corruptie en machtsmisbruik neemt hij zich voor het staatshoofd aan de schandpaal te nagelen.
----------------------------------
A two-bit their, on his retirement heist, finds himself trapped behind a one-way murder. Eyewitness to the President of the United States' killing a millionaire's wife.
.... he has the murder weapon
.... the  CIA knows it ...

Elsewhere, his almost son-in-law struggles w/ marrying an old=money girl he doesn't love and becoming an overnight partner in THE law firm.

A small town homicide detective (who rookied in NY) is handed the case of a lifetime and a monstrous decision....

And then there's the crook's daughter, a practicing PD

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446603589, Mass Market Paperback)

Can the President get away with murder? The fictional answer to this question results in a fast-paced page turner that combines political intrigue with gritty, hard-boiled suspense

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:13 -0400)

Burglar Luther Whitney is forced to run for his life after he sees Secret Service agents shoot and kill a wealthy, young socialite whose affair with the President of the United States had gotten out of control.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,031,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible