HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Absolute Power by David Baldacci
Loading...

Absolute Power (original 1996; edition 2009)

by David Baldacci

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
2,520492,403 (3.72)26
Member:PaulCranswick
Title:Absolute Power
Authors:David Baldacci
Info:Pan Books (2009), Kindle Edition, 576 pages
Collections:Your library, Crime / Thrillers
Rating:
Tags:None

Work details

Absolute Power by David Baldacci (1996)

Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 26 mentions

English (45)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (49)
Showing 1-5 of 45 (next | show all)
I, like many others, saw the movie version before reading the book. I enjoyed the book more than the movie. I found it comical how the President shifted from a cowardly drunk to an arrogant, cold-hearted egotist. The action kept the book moving, for the most part, and I enjoyed the ending. My favorite part of the audiobook was David Baldacci's preface for this anniversary edition comparing pre-Clinton administration critiques to post-Clinton critiques. That was worth listening to all by itself. ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
A cracker of a book - a great plot and story line and well developed characters. The writing is solid and really enjoyable to read.
Highly recommended - and I'll be seeking out other books by this author. ( )
  PhillipThomas | Apr 26, 2016 |
Cracking story, didn't take long to read. ( )
  gogglemiss | Apr 25, 2016 |
Good book. I gave 3 stars. Suspenseful. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Good book. I gave 3 stars. Suspenseful. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Showing 1-5 of 45 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

        —LORD ACTON
Dedication
To MICHELLE, my dearest friend, my loving wife, my partner in crime, without you this dream would have remained a feeble glint in a weary eye.

To MY MOTHER AND FATHER, no parents could have done any more

To MY BROTHER AND SISTER, for putting up with a lot from their younger sibling and still always being there for me
First words
He gripped the steering wheel loosely as the car, its lights out, drifted slowly to a stop.
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Information from the Dutch Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (2)

Book description
Tijdens een klusje in een villawijk is inbreker Luther Whitney ongewild ooggetuige van een afgrijselijke scène: voor zijn ogen wordt een vrouw doodgeschoten, nadat haar stomdronken minnar heeft gepoogd haar te verkrachten. Het dodelijk schot wordt gelost door een veiligheidsagent, die verantwoordelijk is voor het leven van zijn baas. Zijn baas is niemand minder dan de President van de Verenigde Staten.... Tot zijn verbijstering moet Luther toezien hoe de presidentiële medewerkers alle sporen van de moord koelbloedig en systematisch, uitwissenLuther weet te ontsnappen, maar helaas niet onopgemerkt. Geschokt door deze manifestatie van corruptie en machtsmisbruik neemt hij zich voor het staatshoofd aan de schandpaal te nagelen.
----------------------------------
A two-bit their, on his retirement heist, finds himself trapped behind a one-way murder. Eyewitness to the President of the United States' killing a millionaire's wife.
.... he has the murder weapon
.... the  CIA knows it ...

Elsewhere, his almost son-in-law struggles w/ marrying an old=money girl he doesn't love and becoming an overnight partner in THE law firm.

A small town homicide detective (who rookied in NY) is handed the case of a lifetime and a monstrous decision....

And then there's the crook's daughter, a practicing PD
Haiku summary

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446603589, Mass Market Paperback)

Can the President get away with murder? The fictional answer to this question results in a fast-paced page turner that combines political intrigue with gritty, hard-boiled suspense

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:13 -0400)

(see all 4 descriptions)

A cat burglar has evidence that links the President to the murder of the wife of a wealthy contributor.

(summary from another edition)

» see all 15 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
539 avail.
11 wanted
4 pay11 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.72)
0.5 3
1 14
1.5 1
2 29
2.5 11
3 139
3.5 35
4 213
4.5 17
5 115

Audible.com

3 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

See editions

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,423,766 books! | Top bar: Always visible