Absolute Power by David Baldacci

Absolute Power (original 1996; edition 2009)

by David Baldacci

Member:PaulCranswick
Title:Absolute Power
Authors:David Baldacci
Info:Pan Books (2009), Kindle Edition, 576 pages
Collections:Your library, Crime / Thrillers

Absolute Power by David Baldacci (1996)

English (40)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (44)
Absolute Power by David Balducci
Book summary interested me and I rarely read this type of book but like to switch things up every now and then.
Luther has broken into houses and had served his time. Once he gets out he does it again a place where he was in before, with others.....
Interesting to learn of all the devices and technology for home security, but it's no barrier to Luther. he was there to get the diamond necklace but he found the mirror glass that looked into her bedroom.
Story also follows Jack, a lawyer and his fiance, Jennifer. Political groupies and the president is the one who takes care of the whores that run to him. Problem is this time things didn't go as planned. His body guards did come to his aide.
They weren't the only ones to see the scene or the actions as they happened....the president is a married man and the woman was married, but not to him.
Story follows those in charge as they try the case and the proceedings that happen...Luther has taken it upon himself to gather the evidence and given it to another who, after his death will mail the items to his lawyer.
A lot of people are put in harms way....lots of action and adventure.
  jbarr5 | Jun 12, 2015 |
I started this 469 page book last night and finished it today. I think you know I must have liked it!! ( )
  sandra.k.heinzman | Apr 2, 2015 |
Kirja oli aluksi allekirjoittaneelle liian väkivaltainen, ja harkitsin sen kesken jättämistä. Se kuitenkin koukutti, ja luin sen nopeasti loppuun. Teos on väkivaltainen, ja se saa varmaankin lukijansa epäilemään kahteen kertaan vallanpitäjiensä moraalisia taipumuksia kulissien takana. Välillä teos oli epäuskottava, mutta aiheellinen dystopia siitä, millaista pahimmassa tapauksessa USA:n presidentin ja hänen lähipiirinsä mielessä liikkuu. Yleistettävissä myös muihin valtaakäyttäviin tahoihin. Dekkari isolla D:llä. ( )
  Anniina_Ahlman | Jan 12, 2015 |
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

—LORD ACTON
To MICHELLE, my dearest friend, my loving wife, my partner in crime, without you this dream would have remained a feeble glint in a weary eye.

To MY MOTHER AND FATHER, no parents could have done any more

To MY BROTHER AND SISTER, for putting up with a lot from their younger sibling and still always being there for me
He gripped the steering wheel loosely as the car, its lights out, drifted slowly to a stop.

Tijdens een klusje in een villawijk is inbreker Luther Whitney ongewild ooggetuige van een afgrijselijke scène: voor zijn ogen wordt een vrouw doodgeschoten, nadat haar stomdronken minnar heeft gepoogd haar te verkrachten. Het dodelijk schot wordt gelost door een veiligheidsagent, die verantwoordelijk is voor het leven van zijn baas. Zijn baas is niemand minder dan de President van de Verenigde Staten.... Tot zijn verbijstering moet Luther toezien hoe de presidentiële medewerkers alle sporen van de moord koelbloedig en systematisch, uitwissenLuther weet te ontsnappen, maar helaas niet onopgemerkt. Geschokt door deze manifestatie van corruptie en machtsmisbruik neemt hij zich voor het staatshoofd aan de schandpaal te nagelen.
----------------------------------
A two-bit their, on his retirement heist, finds himself trapped behind a one-way murder. Eyewitness to the President of the United States' killing a millionaire's wife.
.... he has the murder weapon
.... the  CIA knows it ...

Elsewhere, his almost son-in-law struggles w/ marrying an old=money girl he doesn't love and becoming an overnight partner in THE law firm.

A small town homicide detective (who rookied in NY) is handed the case of a lifetime and a monstrous decision....

And then there's the crook's daughter, a practicing PD

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446603589, Mass Market Paperback)

Can the President get away with murder? The fictional answer to this question results in a fast-paced page turner that combines political intrigue with gritty, hard-boiled suspense

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:13 -0400)

A cat burglar has evidence that links the President to the murder of the wife of a wealthy contributor.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,893,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible