Beyond Tuesday Morning (September 11 Series…

Beyond Tuesday Morning (September 11 Series #2) (edition 2004)

by Karen Kingsbury

Member:DunnFunKat
Title:Beyond Tuesday Morning (September 11 Series #2)
Authors:Karen Kingsbury
Info:Zondervan (2004), Edition: Fifth Printing, Paperback, 320 pages
Tags:Books I've Read

Beyond Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury

So I just finished reading Beyond Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury. In an effort of full disclosure this was my first foray into Christian fiction and the first Karen Kingsbury novel I have ever read. This is the sequel to another book Kingsbury wrote about September 11 and supposedly it finishes the story. Having not read the first book, it was still really easy to fall into this novel and I didn't feel like I missed anything starting with #2. In this book Jamie is still dealing with the death of her husband by volunteering at a church across the street from Ground Zero. She is struggling to determine how and when to move on when two men come into her life, Captain Hesil, and Clay. The story surrounds how God leads her to new beginings.
Most parts of this book I really liked, and as a practicing Christian the constant references to God were exactly what I expected in Christian fiction. Some parts of the novel seemed a little "too perfect". But perhaps that is what some people look for in a novel. That love at first sight and tingling feeling when the two lovers meet for the first time. God also answered all the prayers in this book and spoke directly to every character when they called to him. I can see how in Christian fiction that can inspire hope, but I don't think believers can always expect God to act that way.
Overall, I liked the plot and love story. I thought that perhaps Kingsbury presented a slightly unrealistic view of God, however it was a very hopeful view and therefore worth preserving, as long as readers don't expect their relationships with God to be that perfect. ( )
  mkbridges | Aug 20, 2010 |
This book is the second in the 911 series. It deals with Jamie Bryan, Jake's widow, and her grief three years after the attacks on the Twin Towers. Again, I read it from cover to cover. It was very hard to put down. ( )
  charris5688 | Oct 25, 2009 |
Read 2/08
  DebbieStewRich | Jan 18, 2008 |
July 2007 ( )
  pamjimo1 | Jul 24, 2007 |
I loved this one, but the first one annoyed me. I read it right after I got married and I know my husband has a scar on his elbow and a mole on the bottom of his foot and the back of his ear and how, unless his entire body was burned, could you not tell if someone was your husband? It just seemed like too far of a stretch for me.
I could accept the voice being different due to smoke inhalation, but he did not have burns covering all his skin. Although, I just realized, maybe she didn't look at him, since they were not initmate, but still . . . ( )
  MaggiRayne | Nov 29, 2006 |

The hope-filled sequel to the bestselling One Tuesday Morning In this new novel by Karen Kingsbury, three years have passed since the terrorist attacks on New York City. Jamie Bryan, widow of a firefighter who lost his life on that terrible day, has found meaning in her season of loss by volunteering at St. Paul's, the memorial chapel across the street from where the Twin Towers once stood. Here she meets a daily stream of people touched by the tragedy, including two men with whom she feels a connection. One is a firefighter also changed by the attacks, the other a police officer from Los Angeles. But as Jamie gets to know the police officer, she is stunned to find out that he is the brother of Eric Michaels, the man with the uncanny resemblance to Jamie's husband, the man who lived with her for three months after September 11. Eric is the man she has vowed never to see again. Certain she could not share even a friendship with his brother, Jamie shuts out the police officer and delves deeper into her work at St. Paul's. Now it will take the persistence of a tenacious man, the questions from her curious young daughter, and the words from her dead husband's journal to move Jamie beyond one Tuesday morning. 'Jamie Bryan took her position at the far end of the Staten Island Ferry, pressed her body against the railing, eyes on the place where the Twin Towers once stood. She could face it now, every day if she had to. The terrorist attacks had happened, the World Trade Center had collapsed, and the only man she'd ever loved had gone down with them. Late fall was warmer than usual, and the breeze across the water washed over Jamie's face. If she could do this, if she could make this journey three times a week while Sierra was in school, then she could convince herself to get through another long, dark night. She could face the empty place in the bed beside her, face the longing for the man who had been her best friend, the one she'd fallen for when she was only a girl.'

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:56 -0400)

The hope-filled sequel to the bestselling One Tuesday MorningIn this new novel by Karen Kingsbury, three years have passed since the terrorist attacks on New York City. Jamie Bryan, widow of a firefighter who lost his life on that terrible day, has found meaning in her season of loss by volunteering at St. Paul's, the memorial chapel across the street from where the Twin Towers once stood. Here she meets a daily stream of people touched by the tragedy, including two men with whom she feels a connection.… (more)

Zondervan

An edition of this book was published by Zondervan.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,697,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible