Cause of Death by Patricia Cornwell

Cause of Death (original 1996; edition 2007)

by Patricia Cornwell

Member:kristincedar
Title:Cause of Death
Authors:Patricia Cornwell
Info:Berkley (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

Cause of Death by Patricia Cornwell (Author) (1996)

Recently added byBKPugh, Kupelo, xxaliciababyy, Daniella.McCafferty, private library, mcsmiley, Karen.Mars, jdewing

English (31)  Swedish (1)  Finnish (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (36)
I had almost got used to her overuse of adverbs... then she started putting them in front of the verb and I couldn't take any more, he sniffily said. This book also has a highly improbable, rather rushed ending. ( )
  Chas.Newport | Jul 28, 2015 |
First, the good news: the omni-competent Kay Scarpetta is back, along with her sidekicks, in a murder mystery that's tighter than her last escapade, From Potter's Field. Chief medical examiner for the state of Virginia and an FBI consultant, Kay finds ample opportunity to demonstrate her skills in the autopsy room and outside it, too: here, she also dives with a Navy SEAL rescue squad and, through her computer-genius niece Lucy, an FBI agent, takes... ( )
  Tutter | Feb 26, 2015 |
I found the plot to be a bit contrived in this one. I know it was pre-9/11, but even before that people weren't going to just waltz into a nuclear power plant with fake ID's. And her going in instead of a trained Fed? I just didn't buy it. And that the guys were so gullible to buy her con? Not so much. It's a shame because the characters were pretty good (except maybe the stock bad guy) but I just couldn't get past the plot implausibilities. ( )
  AliceAnna | Aug 9, 2014 |
Very good book as is normal for Patricia Cornwell, Kay Scarpetta keeps us wondering throughout this story, and her and her niece come out as the herons as usual. It is a story that is a little to real, it is very possible that such a terrible thing could happen in our world today, shows that we have to be on our toes watching for terrorist all the time. ( )
  Grandy | Feb 5, 2014 |
  cmakny | Aug 14, 2013 |

Cornwell, PatriciaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andersson, ErikTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Critt, C.J.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him.
Luke 23:22
To Susanne Kirk - visionary editor and friend
On the last morning of Virginia's bloodiest year since the Civil War, I built a fire and sat facing a window of darkness where at sunrise I knew I would find the sea.

On a quiet day, away from the hustle of Richmond, in a small cottage on the Virginia coast, Dr. Kay Scarpetta receives a disturbing phone call from the Chesapeake police. Thirty feet deep in the murky waters of Virginia's Elizabeth River, a scuba diver's body is discovered near the Inactive Naval Shipyard.
As the police begin searching for clues, the wallet of investigative reporter Ted Eddings is found. Unnerved by the possible identity of the victim, Scarpetta orders the crime scene roped off and left alone until she arrives. What was he doing there, searching for Civil War relics as the officer suggested, or was there a bigger story? As she rifles through the multitude of clues, a second murder hits much closer to home. This new development puts Scarpetta and her colleagues hot on the trail of a military conspiracy.
Filled with lurid details that Cornwell's legions of fans have come to expect, Cause of Death is a breathtaking mystery further enhanced by C. J. Critt's gripping narration.
Cause of Death is the 7th book in the Kay Scarpetta series.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0425213382, Mass Market Paperback)

Patricia Cornwell's heroine Dr. Kay Scarpetta is back; this time to solve the mystery of the death of an Associated Press reporter who was killed while nosing about in a decommissioned navy yard. Scarpetta's involvement in the case leads her to be targeted for murder herself by a nasty little neo-fascist cult with delusions of grandeur that include a plan to "kill and maim, frighten, brainwash and torture" all who oppose their plan to rule the world. Helping Scarpetta is her niece Lucy, an F.B.I. agent whose computer expertise leads to a heart-stopping journey into cyberspace.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:34 -0400)

Kay Scarpetta investigates the death of investigative reporter and scuba diver Ted Eddings, whose body was found in the Elizabeth River where he was supposedly investigating Civil War relics. A second murder complicates the situation before the first is solved.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,167,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible