Close To Home

by Cara Hunter

Series: Adam Fawley (1)

"She was certain it was Daisy in the flower costume. When eight-year-old Daisy Mason vanishes from her family's Oxford home during a costume party, Detective Inspector Adam Fawley knows that nine times out of ten, the offender is someone close to home. And Daisy's family is certainly strange--her mother is obsessed with keeping up appearances, while her father is cold and defensive under questioning. And then there's Daisy's little brother, so withdrawn and uncommunicative ... DI Fawley works against the clock to find any trace of the little girl, but it's as if she disappeared into thin air--no one saw anything; no one knows anything. But everyone has an opinion, and everyone, it seems, has a secret to conceal"--… (more)

This was such a good thriller and mystery. The story moved very fast with constant twists and turns. Never a dull moment and with characters that I loved to hate, the parents of the missing girl. They were the most awful human beings. I did guess the ending but didn’t take away from my enjoyment. I will definitely read the next book. ( )
  twinkley | Jun 14, 2020 |
4.5 stars. ( )
  kbranfield | Feb 3, 2020 |
Rather an unconvincing ending for my liking. ( )
  NorthernTeacher | Jan 8, 2020 |
I can normally only just enjoy police procedural novels, however, this one was really good.
It kept me interested from start to finish ( )
  karenshann | Dec 31, 2019 |
A gripping psychological thriller which I read via the Pigeonhole app. It’s the first in the DI Hawley series.

Eight year old Daisy disappears without a trace during a family barbecue, a family who appear dysfunctional. Just what happened to Daisy and who is really to blame? DI Hawley is on the case! There are so many twists and turns in this story that I never knew quite where it was heading. Plenty of cliffhangers and red herrings, too, which kept me on the edge of my seat. Just when I thought I’d solved it, something would crop up which would throw it all up in the air again. Working my way through the labyrinthine of lies was a bit a headache, I must admit! The old adage you reap what you sew sprung to mind at the end of the book.

An well plotted and beautifully written page turner which I thoroughly enjoyed. I eagerly awaIted each stave every day. I look forward to reading the rest of the series - Cara Hunter is an author to look out for. ( )
  VanessaCW | Dec 18, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,782,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible