Links by Lisa Becker

by Lisa Becker

222,551,640 (4.5)None
Recently added byKiki870, EricaRae91

No tags.

I love everything Lisa Becker has ever written! Her Click series was one of the most original and creative series I've ever read. And now I am equally in love with Links!

This is the story of Charlotte Windham who spent most of her school years as a smart, nerdy girl who tutored her classmates for extra money. One of the students she tutored was a guy named Garrett Stephens, a gorgeous hunk of athletic loveliness that made her heart race. And now, some 15 years later, their paths unexpectedly cross and sparks fly, not that either of them wants to admit it.

This is a fabulous story that explores the trials and tribulations of moving beyond the stigma of one's past, of seeing someone for who they are now than who they once were. It explores how hard it can be to even see yourself as you are now and to really see how much time has changed you. This is a story about life-changing moments and the paths those moments open up. Lisa tells this story with humor, without losing the darkness that life can sometimes hold. Charlotte and Garrett both are the kinds of characters that I love to read about. They are real people, with real problems that I can relate to and understand. They aren't perfect; instead, they make mistakes and are just as flawed as the rest of us! ( )
  Kiki870 | Aug 23, 2017 |
A quick, light and fun read. Seriously this book can be devoured in one sitting. The characters and quick wit banter make you breeze through the pages. All the while laughing and shaking your head at their antics.
A story about second chance romance after 15 years. The story follows Charlotte Windham and Garrett Stephens. In high school, Garrett was the star athlete with dreams of going pro. Charlotte was the not so popular girl tutoring said athlete. But alas high school was a time of unrequited love for Charlotte. Now fast forward 15 years and our high school star has gone pro and our lovable book nerd is a published author. As the fates would have it, these two just happen to bump into one another... and so their tale begins again.
The characters: I don't love them, but I also don't hate them. Garret is a playboy. That alone makes me cringe. Of course as the story goes on, he becomes more of a gentlemen. Still cocky and arrogant though lol. Charlotte almost seemed too good. A published author who helps the inner city kids and donates to charity. Obviously people like that exist, but when you pair both Charlotte and Garrett together, it's a little cheesy. Playboy, star athlete finally sees the wonderfulness of a kind hearted smart bibliophile and decides he must have her. Still a fun read though, especially since the story in filled with puns (sorry I love a good pun) and the writing style was on point. Anyway my favorite character is actually Charlotte's best friend. A lawyer with a bit of sass and plenty of sarcasm and love to go around.
In the grand scheme of things, this contemporary romance is about the chances you didn't get the first time around. I also think it is about starting a new chapter in one's life and letting the past remain in the past. Because to truly move forward with life, you have to stop looking behind you. ( )
  EricaRae91 | Aug 8, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,403,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible