Forever Odd by Dean Koontz

Forever Odd (2005)

by Dean Koontz

Series: An Odd Thomas Novel (2)

English (77)  Tagalog (1)  French (1)  All languages (79)
3.5 stars ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
3.5 stars ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
This is a book by Koontz after all, what do you expect? It is in the series of Odd, a character we have come to enjoy. As usual the events are unusual but have a way of straightening themselves out in the end. This is another interesting, readable book by Koontz.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" "Wesley's Wars" "To Whom It May Concern" and "Tell Me About the United Methodist Church" ( )
  whoizme8 | Oct 21, 2015 |
Yet another In Dean Koontz' "Odd Thomas" series, this novel is, like all Koontz' work, a page-turner. The subject matter is touched with the supernatural, but, as always, focuses on how the basically decent human being copes with the evil thrown up by modern society. The author's asides are as much worth reading as the fiction he creates. The Odd Thomas series is not my favorite of Koontz work, but if you have a taste for suspense in a fictional world where everything is likely to come out okay, you'll enjoy this one. ( )
  turtlesleap | May 28, 2015 |
Loved! Odd Thomas is such a cute character. I find him so endearing that I can't stop reading. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |

Dean Koontzprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Baker, David AaronNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Unearned suffering is redemptive.

---Martin Luther King, Jr.
Look at those hands, Oh God, those hands toiled to raise me.

---Elvis Presley at his mother's casket
This book is for Trixie, though she will never read it. On the most difficult days at the keyboard, when I despaired, she could always make me laugh. The words good dog are inadequate in her case. She is a good heart and a kind soul, and an angel on four feet.
Waking, I heard a warm wind strumming the loose screen at the open window, and I thought Stormy, but it was not.

Every so often a character so captures the hearts and imaginations of readers that he seems to take on a life of his own long after the final page is turned. For such a character, one book is not enough—readers must know what happens next. Now Dean Koontz returns with the novel his fans have been demanding. With the emotional power and sheer storytelling artistry that are his trademarks, Koontz takes up once more the story of a unique young hero and an eccentric little town in a tale that is equal parts suspense and terror, adventure and mystery—and altogether irresistibly odd.

We’re all a little odd beneath the surface. He’s the most unlikely hero you’ll ever meet—an ordinary guy with a modest job you might never look at twice. But there’s so much more to any of us than meets the eye—and that goes triple for Odd Thomas. For Odd lives always between two worlds in the small desert town of Pico Mundo, where the heroic and the harrowing are everyday events. Odd never asked to communicate with the dead—it’s something that just happened. But as the unofficial goodwill ambassador between our world and theirs, he’s got a duty to do the right thing. That’s the way Odd sees it and that’s why he’s won hearts on both sides of the divide between life and death.

A childhood friend of Odd’s has disappeared. The worst is feared. But as Odd applies his unique talents to the task of finding the missing person, he discovers something worse than a dead body, encounters an enemy of exceptional cunning, and spirals into a vortex of terror. Once again Odd will stand against our worst fears. Around him will gather new allies and old, some living and some not. For in the battle to come, there can be no innocent bystanders, and every sacrifice can tip the balance between despair and hope. Whether you’re meeting Odd Thomas for the first time or he’s already an old friend, you’ll be led on an unforgettable journey through a world of terror, wonder and delight—to a revelation that can change your life. And you can have no better guide than Odd Thomas.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:20 -0400)

When a childhood friend goes missing, medium Odd Thomas and his friends (living and dead) find themselves battling a deadly enemy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,883,837 books! | Top bar: Always visible