The Secret Lives Of Doctors' Wives by Ann…

The Secret Lives Of Doctors' Wives

by Ann Major

Although an interesting whodunit story, that keeps you turning its pages at a frantic pace, ultimately this book is a hollow read. It is only good for its entertainment value, and not much else. Don't get me wrong, if you're looking for a thriller, this is a good one - but ultimately, I find the characters shallow and materialistic, just shells of people, really. There were almost no characters that I could actually relate to, and I didn't like the way the women were portrayed in the story, anyway. It seemed as if the characters kept making bad choices, and for no good reason other than because it was what kept propelling the story along. I enjoyed feeling like I wanted to know what happened next, but I was also able to guess who might have done it half way through the book. Overall, fast-paced, whodunit mystery but lacking any depth. ( )
  Enamoredsoul | Feb 16, 2011 |
Just as I was writing this review I looked and saw that this was written by Ann Major. She must have written over 100 novels by now! So she has no excuse for writing such trite shit! This book was unreadable. Really annoying heroine, stupid plot point, overwritten. I started to skim and then saw that the heroine committed what I consider to be an unforgiveable crime - yes, plot spoiler here - she falls pregnant but because she is scared and confused, doesn't tell the father and lets him figure it out - 20 plus years later! So he totally missed his child growing up and meets his grandchild. This was really a wall banger for me. Just reviewing so I don't accidentally stumble across it again. Stupid heroine is nurse Rose Marie, dead guy is Pierce and much put upon detective hero is Michael, but it's hard to respect him falling for such a dingbat. ( )
  amf0001 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778323463, Mass Market Paperback)

He always got what he wanted
Pierce Carver was one of Austin's richest, most successful surgeons. And he was going to marry trauma nurse Rose Marie Castle and put her aching feet into glass slippers. Unfortunately, the doctor had a weakness for the allure of youth and feminine perfection. He jilted Rose Marie three years ago, and she's still dreaming of revenge . . .

Until someone wanted him dead
And things are looking bad for Rose Marie. The night Pierce died she was inside his magnificent home, half naked and very willing to accept his apologies. Now she's the prime suspect. Worse, her high school sweetheart is the investigating detective. But if Rose Marie didn't kill the not-so-good doctor, who did? Between his ex-wives, his angry stepchildren and the deep, dirty secrets driving their lives, somebody resorted to murder. And it looks as if Dr.Carver kept the biggest, baddest secrets of all . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:15 -0400)

Pierce Carver was one of Austin's richest, most successful surgeons. And he was going to marry trauma nurse Rose Marie Castle and put her aching feet into glass slippers. Unfortunately, the doctor had a weakness for the allure of youth and feminine perfection. He jilted Rose Marie three years ago, and she's still dreaming of revenge. And things are looking bad for Rose Marie. The night Pierce died she was inside his magnificent home, half naked and very willing to accept his apologies. Now she's the prime suspect. Worse, her high school sweetheart is the investigating detective. But if Rose Marie didn't kill the not-so-good doctor, who did? Between his ex-wives, his angry stepchildren and the deep, dirty secrets driving their lives, somebody resorted to murder. And it looks as if Dr. Carver kept the biggest, baddest secrets of all.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,453,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible