Loves Music, Loves to Dance by Mary Higgins…

Loves Music, Loves to Dance (1951)

by Mary Higgins Clark

English (10)  French (1)  All languages (11)
A chilling tale about a murderer that loves to dance and take his victims with him. Once he picks his victims, he puts them in dancing shoes so they can't run away, then keeps one of the shoes a souvenir. I started this book in junior high right before the end of school so didn't get to finish it until years later. I'm glad I finally did because it was an excellent read. ( )
  midkid88 | Aug 6, 2012 |
Although supposedly the “queen of suspense,” Mary Higgins Clark is an amateurish, uninteresting writer to anyone used to meatier books. She writes like a B-grade romance novelist and is sometimes so lazy that she doesn’t even complete her sentences. Her characters are two-dimensional paper cutouts, her plots hold no surprises but plenty of unbelievable coincidences, and everyone falls in love at the end. Unless you're a fan of dime-store romances and want to read one with a serial killer (but no sex, unfortunately), I’d recommend that you avoid this novel and everything else in Clark’s too-considerable oeuvre.

Read in the late '90s. Old review. ( )
  sturlington | Feb 25, 2012 |
This was suggested to me by an eBay bookseller. The book was a lot better than the first 2 books I read by Clark. There were too many suspects but they seem too obvious. Picked out the killer about midway to the book, but I kept going because I wanted to know if I was right. I was. Still, a good read.
  jaypee | Aug 3, 2011 |
I believe this is Mary Higgins Clark's best book. It draws you in and you can't let go. You'll stay up all night reading it and then have a hard time sleeping. A man was shunned as a teenager by a girl who loved to dance and then becomes a serial killer. A personal ad that says loves music, loves to dance is a draw for his victims. A young woman named Darcy investigates the personals and why people do them, pulling her into the range of this murderer.
  nolak | Jul 1, 2009 |
This book alerted me to this author a number of years ago and have read most of her books since then. Being a 'thriller' book lover, this was a book that kept me enthralled. ( )
  suetan | May 15, 2008 |

Mary Higgins Clarkprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Talvio 'Elone, Anna-LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.
Aristotle
For my brother Johnny's boys,
Luke and Chris Higgins,
and for his granddaughter, Laura.

With love.
The room was dark.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671758896, Mass Market Paperback)

New York's trendy magazines are a source of peril when a killer enacts a bizarre dance of death, using the personal ads to lure his victims...

After college, best friends Erin Kelley and Darcy Scott move to the city to pursue exciting careers; Erin is a promising jewelry designer, Darcy finds success as a decorator. On a lark, Darcy persuades Erin to help their TV producer friend research the kinds of people who place personal ads. It seems like innocent fun...until Erin disappears.

Erin's body is found on an abandoned Manhattan pier -- on one foot is her own shoe, on the other, a high-heeled dancing slipper. Soon after, startling communiques from the killer reveal that Erin is not the first victim of this "dancing shoe murderer." And, if the killer has his way, she won't be his last. Next on his death list is Darcy.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:01 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,043,718 books! | Top bar: Always visible