Loves Music, Loves to Dance by Mary Higgins…

Loves Music, Loves to Dance (1991)

by Mary Higgins Clark

English (13)  German (1)  All languages (14)
This was a reread. I had previously read it many years ago and found it in on my camper bookshelf. I don't often reread books, but didn't have anything new. Unfortunately, it was not nearly as enjoyable the second time around, but overall not bad. I guess you also have to take into consideration that the book is also 21 years old now and felt dated to me. ( )
  cedes74 | Mar 23, 2016 |
great mystery @ bizarre serial killer.

Serial killer leaves one dancing shoe of foot of victims who answer his personal ads. When Erin dies, her best friend places ads to entice the villain already targeting her next. New York police detective Vince D'Ambrosio takes a personal interest. New boyfriend Dr Michael Nash is supportive. A stalker may surprise everyone.
  christinejoseph | Dec 27, 2015 |
New York's trendy magazines are a source of peril when a killer enacts a bizarre dance of death, using the personal ads to lure his victims. And if the killer has his way, decorator Darcy Scott will be his next "date." "Full of characters like people we know, in situations that suddenly, grippingly, get turned inside out."--Cosmopolitan. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
  lkmuir | Dec 7, 2015 |
A chilling tale about a murderer that loves to dance and take his victims with him. Once he picks his victims, he puts them in dancing shoes so they can't run away, then keeps one of the shoes a souvenir. I started this book in junior high right before the end of school so didn't get to finish it until years later. I'm glad I finally did because it was an excellent read. ( )
  midkid88 | Aug 6, 2012 |
Although supposedly the “queen of suspense,” Mary Higgins Clark is an amateurish, uninteresting writer to anyone used to meatier books. She writes like a B-grade romance novelist and is sometimes so lazy that she doesn’t even complete her sentences. Her characters are two-dimensional paper cutouts, her plots hold no surprises but plenty of unbelievable coincidences, and everyone falls in love at the end. Unless you're a fan of dime-store romances and want to read one with a serial killer (but no sex, unfortunately), I’d recommend that you avoid this novel and everything else in Clark’s too-considerable oeuvre. ( )
  sturlington | Feb 25, 2012 |

Mary Higgins Clarkprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Talvio 'Elone, Anna-LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

Has the adaptation

Is abridged in

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.
Aristotle
For my brother Johnny's boys,
Luke and Chris Higgins,
and for his granddaughter, Laura.

With love.
The room was dark.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671758896, Mass Market Paperback)

After college, best friends Erin Kelley and Darcy Scott move to the city to pursue exciting careers; Erin is a promising jewelry designer, Darcy finds success as a decorator. On a lark, Darcy persuades Erin to help their TV producer friend research the kinds of people who place personal ads. It seems like innocent fun...until Erin disappears.

Erin's body is found on an abandoned Manhattan pier -- on one foot is her own shoe, on the other, a high-heeled dancing slipper. Soon after, startling communiques from the killer reveal that Erin is not the first victim of this "dancing shoe murderer." And, if the killer has his way, she won't be his last. Next on his death list is Darcy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:37 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,362,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible