Hey ladies! : the story of 8 best friends, 1…

Hey ladies! : the story of 8 best friends, 1 year, and way, way too many… (edition 2018)

by Michelle Markowitz, Caroline Moss (Author.), Carolyn Bahar (Illustrator.)

Member:AFaith
Title:Hey ladies! : the story of 8 best friends, 1 year, and way, way too many emails
Authors:Michelle Markowitz
Other authors:Caroline Moss (Author.), Carolyn Bahar (Illustrator.)
Info:New York : Abrams Image, [2018]
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:to-read, GRimport

Hey Ladies! by Michelle Markowitz

Lol this book is too close to the truth.
You know those “Hey Ladies!” Emails you get? This book is a year worth of fictional emails and text messages sent between a group of friends.
The pace of the messages picks up when one friend, Jen, gets engaged.
We all know what it’s like to be in the group email about wedding planning.

The characters are intentionally over dramatized versions of people we all probably know.
There’s the dramatic friend that gets engaged and immediately turns into Bridezilla.
There’s the friend who over plans every single detail of every event ever.
There’s the friend who is always trying to sell you something that you don’t want to buy.
There’s the friend that keeps telling everyone that they want to get together but can’t afford the particular plans that the planner friend made.

You guys know real life versions of these people, right? Cause I sure do.

I’d like to think I’m the Morgan of this group, the peace maker who is trying to get along with everyone who will occasionally try to talk some sense into them. I can be Morgan right? Lol

Oh! And there are even the people who beg to be taken of the group mail and no one takes them off the group mail.

This was funny and super relatable.
In real life, we’d also have the bridesmaids that we never met in person too. That situation is rough too. I’m actually relieved that they didn’t add in the groom’s sisters. I’m not sure I could have gotten into any more characters in this book.

Anyway, funny and dramatized version of real life. Strangely enough, sometimes it felt too real and that’s my only complaint lol ( )
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
As a fan of the Hey Ladies! reads on The Toast, I could not be more thrilled to finally read this book. I read it in one day and couldn't put it down. It's a very specific form of humor but oh so good. ( )
  g33kgrrl | Nov 27, 2018 |
I can only hope Generation X is not actually this dumb. I truly felt like I was losing brain cells reading this book. Eight friends, who apparently can't be bothered to actually work, email all day about the most mind-numbing topics. They spend thousands upon thousands of dollars without blinking an eye, and have no idea about anything in life (seriously, one didn't think there was Wi-Fi in Europe).

I was more and more irritated the more I read this book and literally just finished to say I got through it. I was extremely put off by one girl who decided she wasn't eating gluten because "she decided she has Celiac." There was literally nothing funny or redeeming about this book. ( )
  Sbojo32 | Sep 7, 2018 |

Markowitz, Michelleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Moss, Carolinemain authorall editionsconfirmed

Based on the column of the same name that appeared in The Toast, Hey Ladies! is a laugh-out-loud read that follows a fictitious group of eight 20-and-30-something female friends for one year of holidays, summer house rentals, dates, brunches, breakups, and, of course, the planning of a disastrous wedding. This instantly relatable story is told entirely through emails, texts, DMs, and every other form of communication known to man. The women in the book are stand-ins for annoying friends that we all have. There's Nicole, who's always broke and tries to pay for things in Forever21 gift cards. There's Katie, the self-important budding journalist, who thinks a retweet and a byline are the same thing. And there's Jen, the DIY suburban bride-to-be. With a perfectly pitched sardonic tone, Hey Ladies! will have you cringing and laughing as you recognize your own friends, and even yourself.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,662,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible