Frankencat (Whales and Tails Cozy Mystery)…

Frankencat (Whales and Tails Cozy Mystery) (Volume 13) (edition 2017)

by Kathi Daley (Author)

512,068,501 (4)None
Member:LaurasReading
Title:Frankencat (Whales and Tails Cozy Mystery) (Volume 13)
Authors:Kathi Daley (Author)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2017), 234 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:murder, cozy mystery, mystery, friendship

Frankencat by Kathi Daley

Another 5 star read from Kathi Daley. I knew it would be, as this is one of several favorite series she writes that I buy as soon as they are available. This book made me wish I could suggest more than 5 stars.
Without giving too much away, it is a dark and stormy night, the book club is reading Frankenstein, apropos the season, the weather, and what is going on with several of the other characters. Being different, or feeling as if you are, feeling alienated and lonely - these themes are carried throughout the entire story.

A body is discovered in the bookstore, with a knife in her chest, yet no one heard a thing.
In asking questions of the book club members, Cait and Tara realize that perhaps we don't know as much about the people around us as we should.

Besides the psychic cats, another thing I appreciate about this series is how there are deeper meanings, often with lessons, below the surface of the stories. I love the camaraderie of the group and how they pull together to overcome obstacles. There are a few red herrings, that make you question if you are drawing the proper conclusions.

A chance meeting in the grocery store made me excited about potential for new storylines, or possibly even a new series? And a huge announcement, or two, near the end made me feel excited for different reasons.

When I sat down to read I should have known I would not get up until I turned the last page. ( )
  LaurasReading | Aug 21, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,353,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible