Larryboy and the Rumor Weed by VeggieTales

Larryboy and the Rumor Weed

by VeggieTales

Weeds are taking over Bumblyburg--flowery, talkative, sunglasses-wearing weeds that bear a striking resemblance to the clichéd blathering old ladies who enjoy nothing more than yakking about the neighbors over a game of mahjong. No, these aren't ordinary weeds; these weeds are interconnected, and they are multiplying at an alarming rate. What could cause these wild plants to bloom at such a rapid pace? Why, they're just keeping pace with the rumors that are flying around town. Only Larry-Boy can save the city. Or can he?

FMCLincoln | Nov 16, 2012 |
NO OF PAGES: 0 SUB CAT I: Ethics SUB CAT II: SUB CAT III: DESCRIPTION: Weeds are taking over Bumblyburg--flowery, talkative, sunglasses-wearing weeds that bear a striking resemblance to the clichd blathering old ladies who enjoy nothing more than yakking about the neighbors over a game of mahjong. No, these aren't ordinary weeds; these weeds are interconnected, and they are multiplying at an alarming rate. What could cause these wild plants to bloom at such a rapid pace? Why, they're just keeping pace with the rumors that are flying around town. Only Larry-Boy can save the city. Or can he?
Larry-Boy doesn't have the powers of most superheroes; in fact, his main sources of might are his suction-cup ears and an overeducated butler. Yet in this installment of VeggieTales, Larry-Boy's real skill is in teaching us that "God doesn't want us to tell stories that can hurt." In the lively series that has "Sunday morning values, and Saturday morning fun," a group of vegetables provides moral lessons for everyday life. Strong on Christian themes and light on seriousness, VeggieTales has enough humor for adults to appreciate and enough fun for the kids. While this episode may have us longing for the not-present Bob the Tomato and Silly Songs, there's still enough of the impressive computer animation and appealing story lines to make this a valuable resource for teaching kids right from wrong.NOTES: Donated by Larry and Lisa Landry. SUBTITLE: A Lesson in?The Power of Words
  BeitHallel | Feb 18, 2011 |

Junior Asparagus and Laura Carrot learn just how easily rumors get started when they accidentally launch a whopper of a rumor about LarryBoy's butler, Alfred! Before they know it, their little story is spreading all over Bumblyburg like a weed! Can anyone stop the rumor? In the end, the kids learn a lesson in the power of words. God doesn't want us to tell stories that can hurt. He wants us to spread nice words about others!

DVD Bonus Features: Audio Commentary, Behind the Scenes, Concept Art, Trivia Game, How to Draw LarryBoy and the Larry Plane, Interactive Storybook, LarryBoy Clue Game, Family Fun Activity, Hidden "Easter Egg"

Junior Asparagus and Laura Carrot learn just how easily rumors get started when they accidentally launch a whopper about Larry-Boy's butler, Alfred! Before they know it, their little story is spreading all over Bumblyburg like a weed!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,491,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible