Unnatural Exposure by Patricia Cornwell

Unnatural Exposure (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Patricia Cornwell (Author)

4,199441,691 (3.51)47
Member:GVassmer
Title:Unnatural Exposure
Authors:Patricia Cornwell (Author)
Info:Putnam Adult (1997), Edition: 1st, 338 pages
Tags:MYS

Unnatural Exposure by Patricia Cornwell (1997)

English (36)  Dutch (2)  French (2)  German (2)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (44)
The plot had an uneven pace that at times was intriguing, but ultimately led to a slow ending. The book had some interesting points that left me wondering who could have committed such a personal crime for Kay Scarpetta to solve. However the finale was a stunted experience leaving me wondering if I had read it right.
  mitzee333 | Oct 5, 2018 |
Read this book many years ago and I remember that I liked it. Minus is, that it is starting to get old (to me), Kay Scarpetta, Marino, her grief, Lucy. I decided that this would be the last one I read. I say gpoodbye to Scarpetta, she has brought me many hours of reading pleasure, but no more. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Dec 20, 2017 |
I have not yet read this book.
  LynneQuan | Sep 21, 2017 |
A Kay Scarpetta novel.
  Lantern | Sep 1, 2017 |
pa dosad najlosija knjiga iz njenog serijala,.drzavom hara virus velikih boginja,a Skarpeta uspjeva da pronadje krivca... ( )
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |

Patricia Cornwellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brown, BlairNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Critt, C. J.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeelenberg, AnnetteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues... Revelation 21:9
To Esther Newberg Vision, No Fear
Night fell clean and cold in Dublin, and wind moaned beyond my room as if a million pipes played the air.

A body is discovered in a Virginia landfill. The details--expert removal of head and limbs--mirror that of a case Dr. Kay Scarpetta has been investigating in Ireland. But for Scarpeita, the game has only just begun. The killer boldly contacts her via the Internet, signing off with the ominous screen name deadoc. As her investigation deepens, Scarpetta discovers that the victim in Virginia was exposed to a rare smallpox-like virus before she was killed, and that Scarpetta herself could be infected.

Now she knows she is up against a killer unlike any she has pursued before--a relentless psychopath with access to an incredibly sophisticated arsenal of deadly force. And with a very personal interest in seeing Kay Scarpetta suffer.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0425163407, Mass Market Paperback)

Unnatural Exposure boasts brisk storytelling, crackling dialogue, evocative prose about forensic-science sleuthing, and crisp character sketches, both of familiar characters like Scarpetta's gruff partner Pete Marino and bit players like the landfill employee falsely accused by Ring. Plus, let's face it: serial killers are old hat. Cornwell's most vivid villains are highly plausible backstabbing colleagues like Ring, who plots to destroy Lucy's FBI career by outing her as a lesbian. Some readers object to the rather abrupt ending, but, hey, it's less jarring than Hannibal's, and it's the logical culmination of Cornwell's philosophy about human nature. To illuminate the novel's finale, read Cornwell's remarks on paranoia in her Amazon.com interview. --Tim Appelo

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:50 -0400)

Virginia Medical Examiner Kay Scarpetta has a bloody puzzle on her hands: five headless, limbless cadavers in Ireland, plus four similar victims in a landfill back home. Is a serial butcher loose in Virginia? That's what the panicked public thinks, thanks to a local TV reporter who got the leaked news from her boyfriend, Scarpetta's vile rival, Investigator Percy Ring. But the butchered bodies are so many red herrings intended to throw idiots like Ring off the track. Instead of a run-of-the-mill serial killer, we're dealing with a shadowy figure who has plans involving mutant smallpox, mass murder, and messing with Scarpetta's mind by e-mailing her gory photos of the murder scenes, along with cryptic AOL chat-room messages. The coolest innovation: Scarpetta's gorgeous genius niece, Lucy, equips her with a DataGlove and a VPL Eyephone, and she takes a creepy virtual tour of the e-mailed crime scene.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,823,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible